Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

The MAX show 2014

Article about: Patrick, compared to the SOS it's bit all that impressive, but that's my opinion. I was there for helmets and they had basically been picked over by a few big helmet dealers so the great stu

?

Oh, Great... Here I am in Iowa....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The MAX show 2014
    P
    Many

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Already found Larry C and Luke. Also found insanely inflated prices!
    Hi HT, I have heard there are so many repros there too, why does T Whitman let it go on, and other good honest dealers guarantee their items. I know it would be hard to police, but letting the standard fall will be the Downfall of The Max Show.
    Regards SK

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi HT, I have heard there are so many repros there too, why does T Whitman let it go on, and other good honest dealers guarantee their items. I know it would be hard to police, but letting the standard fall will be the Downfall of The Max Show.
    Regards SK
    It has always been about the money. Why call out a dealer in fakes and risk losing him as a person who buys tables. A few years back, I laughed when they honored a guy who for many years has been known to be a seller and manufacturer of fakes.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Just got home. Came home with a combat belt for my tunic and a book on tunics. Zero helmets that were worth anything. A lot of normal, run of the mill helmets that can be bought any time of the year. All the great ones were long gone, sitting under a certain someone's table

Had a blast with Larry, Luke, Tom Kendall and Ivan (stingray). I wish we could all get together more than once a year. I expect to see Tom and Ivan at the SOS. Larry and Luke need to get on board for that show. I'm putting the pressure on you guys

Had a great time also...went to a dagger party at Lakesidetraders room..met up with Tom Kendall, Stingray Ivan, JRMeda, Ed Sunday, and quite a few other Great Gents in the hobby. At the show I had a great conversation with WRF Member "Wagner".

Went to an Italian restaurant , something out of Mob movie that looks like time stood still since the late 1950s...music included. Food was excellent. The thugs I hung out with there added to the theme. Helmetone was showing " Mob Hit Deer pics" ....after dinner though...very nice Todd...I ate the cookie by the way

I did not come home with any daggers..this year..there were many..but none that grabbed my attention. Came home with some reference books and party pin..and alot of great camaraderie memories.

When you go into these places in search for what it is that you collect..one must focus on study and also with other knowledgeable collectors.
    Proverbs 27:17
    "As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another."

James 1;19
    Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak ...............and man I got an earful these past few days from some of the most advanced collectors the hobby 40 + years just by listening. I would compare it to College professors.

So yes In turn..I did come home with something more valuable than a physical artifact. . Looking forward to it again next year.

My cholesterol was through the roof !!
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-05-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Nice Larry....a lesson for us all. Glad you had a great time. One day I will go!

btw

James 1;19: "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak"

Something I tell my kids all the time (and something my wife tells ME all the time!)

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Went to an Italian restaurant , something out of Mob movie that looks like time stood still since the late 1950s...music included. Food was excellent. The thugs I hung out with there added to the theme. Helmetone was showing " Mob Hit Deer pics" ....after dinner though...very nice Todd...I ate the cookie by the way
    Glad to see you made it home, Larry. Did you eat the cookie on the ride home? "Mob hit deer pics?" Don't know what you're talking about I thought the food was mediocre, but maybe it was just what I had. I was waiting for Gotti to come out of the kitchen and whack someone.

The MAX show 2014

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4