Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The MAX Show

Article about: How was it this year? Any "holy grails" surface? Tom

?

Default The MAX Show

How was it this year? Any "holy grails" surface?

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The MAX Show
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Here are some TR photos.....

Some pics from the MAX
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Were there any Japanese Militaria finds to add to this thread ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry....you are done with the Max show now ? Thought you were a "staple" there ?
    D.

I had been David...last visit was 2 years ago. Enjoyed it immensely !!
    A few bumps in the road kept me away due to spouse Med issues.

The York Pa show next year is a nothing drive for me ( 2 hrs ) which the distance could have me for 1 over night stay and home the next day giving me 2 full days at the show.

Looking forward to the Max show next year if you are going . It would be my benefit to meet you and get together for dinner along with Michael. There would be " much " to talk about

To answer your question..I am not done with the Max Show nor the hobby.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just walked into my house from the drove home. Had a great time at the show. Sales were awful but I really didn't have much to sell anyway. This show was about working on finishing a few uniforms with much needed accoutrements, and hanging out with all of the great folks I know. I heard mixed reviews about the show, some of which I agreed with and some I did not, but it's really all subjective. I was sitting with a dealer whose tables were next to mine, and he has high end items, and he barely made $2,000 in sales but his end goal for this show is networking and bringing in new consignments. On the other hand, I know another dealer that sold several tens of thousands of dollars worth of items and had "a great show". So it really just depends on your goals and situation. Either way, it was a rewarding show for me, and yes, it was better than last year. I had a lot of good conversations and plenty of laughs. In the end, I would much rather that be my show experience than the stress of "was it worth going". There are plenty of ways to judge a shows success or failure, but it really comes down to the individual.

MAP
    ?

Well said Todd
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

I just walked in the door a couple hours ago myself.

Any German WWII Heer or Luft helmet worth a spot in my collection was overpriced IMO and I didn't buy any. That still didn't prevent me from spending way too much as usual and coming home with a suitcase so loaded down I nearly had to stand on it to get it to zipper shut.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Why is such a good show so far!