Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Military Museum in Gettysburg.

Article about: Hi guys, I though you would like to see some of the WWII relics I found in a museum in Gettysburg PA.

G43
    ?

Default Re: Military Museum in Gettysburg.

Sorry, it was the first time I was there and it was on a bus trip, so i am not sure of the street. It was the main street, however, that was about four blocks away from the "square," which actually looks like a diamond.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Ok no problem if you can't remember. I'm sure ill did it one day. I'm up there once or twice a week. Thanks for showing. I'd like to see the helmets in hand but I doubt they will come out from behind the glass.

G43
    ?

Sorry I couldn't help! The owner, who was there, was very open to talking about the pieces and even offered to sell a few of the less exotic items. He would not part with the m42 ss helmet or the paratrooper with the bullet hole. A few items such as an army officer's parade belt, HJ knife and things of that sort stuff he would part with.

?

Looks like an excellent little colletion he has going there...The Hitler stuff has already been chatted about so I will leave that, but never less an nice afternoon visit wouldn't go a miss, thanks for sharing the photos. Cheers Terry.

If I remember correct we used this Emblem in the early 40s late 30s for the movies in the US, as we had no known examples.
    Movie prop item I think As they were over size from the norm.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

[QUOTE=G43;874679]Hi guys, I though you would like to see some of the WWII relics I found in a museum in Gettysburg PA.

G43,Where is the museum in Gettysburg?I am going at the end of May with my son and would enjoy seeing the items in your photos!Thanks.CD

[QUOTE=goodbuys;874878]
    Quote by G43 View Post
    Hi guys, I though you would like to see some of the WWII relics I found in a museum in Gettysburg PA.

G43,Where is the museum in Gettysburg?I am going at the end of May with my son and would enjoy seeing the items in your photos!Thanks.CD
    Where isn't there a museum in Gettysburg? lol
    The visitor center is only a few years old and has a nice collection of civil war items.
    There is a military museum on Baltimore Pike just south of town, but I'm not familiar with their operating hours. There are two smaller museums on Baltimore Pike in town. One was on American Pickers. the other is only open Saturday and Sunday at weird hours, hence I have never been in it. There is a military surplus store on Chambersburg pike just west of the town square. Another antique store south of the square which is mostly WWII items. Watch for fakes, I've spotted a few, and the owner can have an attitude problem sometimes. If you desire tips on dining let me know, I have a few recommendations

Thanks for the quick reply.All these museums, antique stores,flea markets,etc. have fakes!Many times they don't know what it is and when you tell them its bad they get an attitude that I can say to them T.S!. Many years ago out to an Army Navy store on L.I.The owner had a real attitude problem about he wasn't giving anything away!!I told him what to do with his attitude problem and I just stood there waiting for him to be a man!That was in the late seventies and of course that cretin is long gone!!Will just mosey around and enjoy myself with my son who lives in Ohio and I don't see that often.CD

Ok do what ya want. Just some ideas, that's all. My main point wasn't about fakes, just to Give you a few places to stop in at. It's your time, there is plenty of battlefield to take up all your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12