Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Militracks German WW2 Vehicle Show, Overloon (The Netherlands), May 14 - 15 2011

Article about: Hi all, the Militracks-event will be held again on the weekend of 14 & 15 May 2011 at the grounds of the Liberty Park Museum at Overloon, The Netherlands (40 km under Nijmegen). This is

Default Militracks German WW2 Vehicle Show, Overloon (The Netherlands), May 14 - 15 2011

Hi all,

the Militracks-event will be held again on the weekend of 14 & 15 May 2011 at the grounds of the Liberty Park Museum at Overloon, The Netherlands (40 km under Nijmegen).

This is a show with only original and fully restored WW2-era German military vehicles, ranging from motorcycles to various types of half- and fulltrack vehicles, including Panzers. An off-road course of more than a mile in lenght has been cleared in the museumpark on which the vehicles will drive, so they can be seen and filmed in motion.

Furthermore, tickets can be purchased for rides around the course in most (if not all) of the participating vehicles. As an indication, last year the price for a ride in a halftrack (1 ton, 8 ton, SdKfz. 250 'neue' or SdKfz. 251/D) was 3,- Euro p/p.

On both days there will also be an (outdoor) militaria fair, and on sunday there is also a show with military kit models. For an impression of last year's event look on youtube.com on 'militracks'.

Admission is 10,- Euro p/p; that includes acces to Militracks, the militaria fair, modellers' show and the museum itself. Parking is free I believe. The museum can also be reached by public transport, although with a bit of effort.

For more information on the event see Militracks | Overloon

Participation is on invitation only, but all visitors are welcome of course! They already have a good selection of Type 166's, 82's, motorcycles and Kettenkrads, but if you have a special vehicle that you think would be something for this show drop me a line and I'll see if something can be arranged. I'm not in the organization but I do know them. The museum offers good facilities for participating vehicles.

Greetz

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Militracks German WW2 Vehicle Show, Overloon (The Netherlands), May 14 - 15 2011
    P
    Many

Default Re: Militracks German WW2 Vehicle Show, Overloon (The Netherlands), May 14 - 15 2011

Some pics of last years' Militracks:

Greetz

David

?

Default Re: Militracks German WW2 Vehicle Show, Overloon (The Netherlands), May 14 - 15 2011

nice show, I might go!

Quote by Monuir View Post
    nice show, I might go!
    Hi Monuir,

several low budget airlines fly on Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Eindhoven Airport (from there it is about 2 hours by train & bus in both cases). Another option is Dusseldorf-Weeze Airport, although getting from there to Overloon by public transport is a bit of an operation I think.

Greetz

David

Great photos David, make sure and take more this year to post.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Great photos David, make sure and take more this year to post.

Jay
    Hi Jay,

I didn't make the above pics, I just posted them as an example, but here are some links to various galleries of last years' event:

Militracks Overloon Photo Gallery by Kees Stravers at pbase.com

Militracks 2010 - a set on Flickr (these are my own pics)

Picasa Web Albums - vyvyanbasterd - Militracks 20...

Militracks 2010 - Fahrzeuge-der-Wehrmacht.de

Militracks overloon 2010 - a set on Flickr

Video's: YouTube - militracks

Enjoy!

Greetz

David

Wow! Thanks for the links. You have some great shots of interiors. It's rare that we get to see such high quality examples here in the states.

Jay

I found some more nice pics from last year:

Source: Military Vehicle Photos - - Historic and modern - tanks, apv, apc, tracked, and many more!

Greetz

David

This is an incomplete list of participating vehicles; last sunday the organiser told me there are 46 vehicles coming.

Kübelwagen Typ 82 (5 x)
    Zündapp KS 750 (5 x)
    Schimmwagen Typ 166 (2 x)
    BMW R75 (4 x)
    Kettenkrad (5 x)
    Horch 901 Kfz 16
    Horch Mittlerer Einheits PKW
    Opel Blitz
    Stoewer
    VW Kübelwagen Typ 82 oder Krupp Protze Kfz 21
    Mercedes Benz 170 V
    1-ton Zugmaschine (4 x )
    Einheitsdiesel oder Henschel
    Opel Blitz Feuerwehrwagen Allrad
    Heizung Motorenanwärmer 38
    8-ton Zugmaschine (2 x)
    SdKfz.250
    SdKfz.251
    Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer
    Horch Mittlerer Einheits PKW, Typ 40 Kfz. 21
    Steyr 2000A
    Auto Union Wanderer W23S Kübelwagen
    T34

Greetz

David

'll be there on Saturday!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast