Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Northern Military Expo (UK) Sunday Nov 4th

Article about: I am going to give this show a try on Sunday: http://www.northernmilitaryexpo.co.uk/ Cheers, Ade.

Default Northern Military Expo (UK) Sunday Nov 4th

I am going to give this show a try on Sunday:

http://www.northernmilitaryexpo.co.uk/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Northern Military Expo (UK) Sunday Nov 4th
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Northern Military Expo (UK) Sunday Nov 4th

Interesting. I always dream of going to militaria shows and finding my hard to get Cossack items.

Good Luck Mr Stevenson, hope you find some treasures.

I like shows. A good chance to look at things, be them good or bad. It is all educational. But also for the social aspect of meeting friends and walking around together and comparing notes. I usually end up buying a book.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Damn i was going to go Ade but decided not to bother if only i'd known you were going earlier !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul, we only decided to go to it yesterday. I had forgot about it.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Guys, Lez and I attended the show today. The car park looked pretty full so I expected a fair amount of people to be in the hall: in fact there was plenty of room. We spent most of our time talking to friends we met there. To be honest this was the best part of the show for us.

Neither of us bought anything. The quality of items on offer was on the whole fairly poor or over priced. The only German item I did like was a 5th place MG shooting prize plaque but at £150 was too much money. Soviet wise, there were only common medals and again over priced items: two worn Orders of the Red Star at £80 each, no way...

There was a lot of modern stuff which holds no interest for me, plus a lot of US re-enactors gear. Other stalls sold vehicle parts. A £5 each to get in and a 100 mile round trip, sadly I would give it a miss in future.

Cheers, Ade.

Mate you never reminded me, I would have gone
    Ben

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, Lez and I attended the show today. The car park looked pretty full so I expected a fair amount of people to be in the hall: in fact there was plenty of room. We spent most of our time talking to friends we met there. To be honest this was the best part of the show for us.

Neither of us bought anything. The quality of items on offer was on the whole fairly poor or over priced. The only German item I did like was a 5th place MG shooting prize plaque but at £150 was too much money. Soviet wise, there were only common medals and again over priced items: two worn Orders of the Red Star at £80 each, no way...

There was a lot of modern stuff which holds no interest for me, plus a lot of US re-enactors gear. Other stalls sold vehicle parts. A £5 each to get in and a 100 mile round trip, sadly I would give it a miss in future.

Cheers, Ade.
    Glad i didn't make the trip then mate !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Ben, buckle wise there was next to nothing original. A few ground dug relics was about it. You would have been dissappointed.

Hi Paul, I think you did the right thing. But it would have been good to meet up.

Cheers, Ade.

That sounds pants mate for a place of that size
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast