Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pics : La Gleize Show 2014.

Article about: by guns ltd Great looking Fair Martin. I like some of that odd big stuff. I would sure like an 88 casing some day. Are they pricy??? Cheers, John Both S-Mine and 88 came from the same ( Germ

Arrow Pics : La Gleize Show 2014.

I've had fun visiting Continetal fairs in the past ( eg Carhaix, Arlon and Ciney ) and had long wanted to 'do' La Gleize, especially as it's in one of my favourite parts of the World. My wife and I needed a break, so I engineered a long weekend at an expensive Auberge which just happened to be ten minutes' drive from La Gleize ! Quelle surprise !

Anyhow, early Saturday morning after a quick breakfast we were down the road in the wheeltracks of KG Peiper. Very good organization at La Gleiz - waved straight into a parking field and bundled into a (free) minibus up the hill.

I'd heard that this fair was strong on 'rust', and it certainly was. Here's a selection of stalls and views..

Those stalls went down that lane a very long way - right into the trees at the bottom.

If you're into regalia and decorations, this show won't be for you. It was very good for vehicle parts, munitions, 'dug up' stuff, and other relics. Flavour of the month seemed to be relic Panzerfaust tubes, selling from 5 Euros for a bent/damaged one up to 100 Euros for good ones with triggers/sights etc ( but no markings ).

I did manage to buy one or two bits'n'pieces...

Good trip - I really enjoyed it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pics : La Gleize Show 2014.
    P
    Many

Thanks for the photos, I didn't know there was such a fair in LaGleize...looks like the weather was perfect as well...
    cheers, Glenn

Wow you bought a King Tiger !!

Nice finds Martin

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Red face

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Wow you bought a King Tiger !!

Nick
    First the shellcase...then the rest ( ). Yes, the weather last weekend was just about perfect.....and the beer was cooled to perfection !

How much for a nice M35 Mine?

?

Did,nt know they did a fair there, did you get into the museum

?

Looks good Martin an added bonus the beer was sorted too!!. Liking the shell that will display well..I wouldn't mind one myself one day! Cheers Terry.
    Last edited by Tango; 06-25-2014 at 03:51 AM.

The S-Mine was 45 Euros...and I've been to the Museum before, so didn't go in this time. Although on the same morning, I visited my favourite kind of 'museum'...

Great looking Fair Martin. I like some of that odd big stuff. I would sure like an 88 casing some day. Are they pricy???

Cheers,

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

That's a nice KwK43 case.... Has a whole set... case and AP round with bodenzunder.... but the wife made me get rid of my collection. A nice complete S Mine wouldn't be too big though....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast