Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sos 2015

Article about: Yeah, yeah, it's still four months away, but who here has SOS 2015 penciled in on their calendar, reservations made and money stashed away in secret locations throughout the house? This guy

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Finally... could we see some photos of the show, some of the guests, and dealers tables??.
    We'll see what we can do. It really is a sight to behold, rows and rows of goodies. Christmas in February

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sos 2015
    P
    Many

?

Sounds like it will be a fantastic show! Too bad I won't make it this year, perhaps the next one!

Cheers, Patrick

Are any WRF members that specialize in WWII German visors going to be at the SOS?

?

You can ask Stonemint if he is going. I met him and his friend Jody at the show a few years ago. It would be hard to find anyone who knows more about visors than Stonemint.

Quote by kirby View Post
    You can ask Stonemint if he is going. I met him and his friend Jody at the show a few years ago. It would be hard to find anyone who knows more about visors than Stonemint.
    Thanks, Kirby. I had already asked Stoney but he is not going.

Bummed I'm not going to make it this time. Sounds like a great show and it would be great some of the members here.

Finally... could we see some photos of the show, some of the guests, and dealers tables??
    Here are some pictures of the 2014 show, courtesy of The Ruptured Duck and Time Traveler Militaria.
    Sos 2015Sos 2015
    Sos 2015Sos 2015
    Sos 2015

?

the show is a real eye opener when you walk in,, the shear size is amazing..i look for motivated sellers or should I say people who want to sell there stuff that weekend. that's where the deals are at. I stay away from the big dealers on the front wall..they are only interested in wealthy clients..Thursday prices are high because collectors looking for specific items will pay more,,but by Saturday unsold items prices drop dramatically. just be willing to offer your price and negotiate.. I usually don't get what I was looking for but get a deal on something I wasn't even thinking about when I arrived. im usually happy when I get home..

Quote by castle View Post
    the show is a real eye opener when you walk in,, the shear size is amazing..i look for motivated sellers or should I say people who want to sell there stuff that weekend. that's where the deals are at. I stay away from the big dealers on the front wall..they are only interested in wealthy clients..Thursday prices are high because collectors looking for specific items will pay more,,but by Saturday unsold items prices drop dramatically. just be willing to offer your price and negotiate.. I usually don't get what I was looking for but get a deal on something I wasn't even thinking about when I arrived. im usually happy when I get home..
    Very true with the motivated sellers. Even the big helmet dealers dont bring a lot of their stock with them. They make better sales on their websites. But dealers who only set up at shows depend on making sales at the shows so they are a little more willing to haggle. I picked up my twin M35 Luftwaffe helmet at last years SOS, on Saturday night right before closing time. He knocked off about $500 to make the sale. I was a happy man walking onto the plane that night. So there are deals to be had, especially if you go there not looking for specific items.

?

I had to wipe the drool away..........
    Now I know what my wife feels when we go to the mall.
    I think I am addicted!!!
    Lucky I'm trapped here in NZ, or I would be like a dog with a bone.

Hope you guys find some good stuff at the show...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast