Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Sos 2016

Article about: It's a month away. Anyone attending? I will be there with two tables of mixed goodies. Todd

I have to say I am deeply disturbed by the "progress" of Show of Shows.
    First off, the staff at the show could not be more rude and less helpful. My table assignment was messed up. I could relay another 5 stories, but I think you all get the point.
    They continue to heap on new rules and regulations such as table helpers needing to be OVMS members now. Apparently, when they pay $35, OVMS thinks that people will stop stealing?
    A 70 year old ex cop was caught stealing a HEAP of old enameled medals.
    If you do not think this is a dying hobby, let me be chicken little for you.
    The last thing ANY show needs to be doing is making this hobby less enjoyable for people. I sat for three days and heard nothing but complaints from EVERY dealer that I knew.
    The only reason people go is because of the selection, and the amount of money you can make.
    When I was a kid and started going to SOS, the line was HUGE!
    Do you know how many people were in line for Saturday? 70! Friday? Maybe double that? Its starting to look like MAX show, basically, a dealer convention!

Hi, I'm chicken little. The skying IS falling.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sos 2016
    P
    Many

?

i believe attendence was off due to no gun show with it..that big gun show created more foot traffic..i was able to deal better this year. i found 2 nice items for my collection. prices are high retail but i consider that a starting point. motivated sellers will deal. the professional dealers wont. we know who they are..as for the state of any hobby they all have there ups and downs. nobody forces anyone to be involved. you can always go buy a boat and go fishing or whatever. i still like buying and selling this stuff. i did the boats and cars burnt out on that too.

I know a lot of people who did well at the show. One of the big names told me it was his best SOS. I guess all depends on if you have GENUINE items that a buyer is looking for. Lots of fakes but a great cross section of militaria. Much of any show is what you have and what you put in to the experience yourself. I agree that it appears that the OVMS is now trying to squeeze every cent they can out of the show with all types of new rules. The guy behind me sold one table and a OVMS officer came over and took a picture of his empty table and the table number as you can not pack up until 3:00 PM on Saturday.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I know a lot of people who did well at the show. One of the big names told me it was his best SOS. I guess all depends on if you have GENUINE items that a buyer is looking for. Lots of fakes but a great cross section of militaria. Much of any show is what you have and what you put in to the experience yourself. I agree that it appears that the OVMS is now trying to squeeze every cent they can out of the show with all types of new rules. The guy behind me sold out one table and a OVMS officer came over and took a picture of his empty table and the table number as you can not pack up until 3:00 PM on Saturday. He was still there and occupying his other table!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I agree that it appears that the OVMS is now trying to squeeze every cent they can out of the show with all types of new rules. The guy behind me sold one table and a OVMS officer came over and took a picture of his empty table and the table number as you can not pack up until 3:00 PM on Saturday.
    Bob, we have always been in agreement! I'm not saying I didn't have a good show. If we didn't have good shows there would be no point driving hundreds of miles and dealing with rude people! I just don't understand their mindset!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6