Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SOS with the helmet doctor

Article about: For my fellow helmet collectors. Some pics taken by Anders L. Last 6 years at the helmet doctors tables at the SOS. The man had over 1000 helmets, I saw the catalog. He has set up for many y

Default SOS with the helmet doctor

For my fellow helmet collectors. Some pics taken by Anders L. Last 6 years at the helmet doctors tables at the SOS. The man had over 1000 helmets, I saw the catalog. He has set up for many years at the show, he is currently down to about 250 helmets. I received a letter from him today that this may be his last show. That is upsetting to me and many others. Anyway...pics of myself, Ken N., Dave Shirlin, Russ Hamilton, Doug B, Rich Bertschi, Norm, Andy C., Paul Martin..well the list goes on & on. About 1/2 my collection over the years were buys from the Doc. So..for those that attend 1/2 day military fairs, well here you have the most advanced helmet guys in the world to get opinions from as you can see most of the pics, that's what is going on.This lasts for 4 days straight. Hope you enjoy the pics. That's me in the tanker jacket with Doug B. on the left in black shirt . You guys remember Doug B...No ? And of course...the end results after a hard day of helmet shopping.

Pics got mixed up...don't know how or why. Anyway...me in the red sweater with my leg up on my bed whacked out of my mind
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SOS with the helmet doctor   SOS with the helmet doctor  

SOS with the helmet doctor   SOS with the helmet doctor  

Last edited by real steel; 01-11-2019 at 01:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SOS with the helmet doctor
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

If circumstances allowed me David, I would be there with you.

I will definitely need to wire you some cash to surprise me with a nice helmet or locate a nice Pilot/Observer badge for me....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wow David, what an amazing collection of photos!

We don’t have anything like the SOS in Australia so to see so many helmets in one spot is a bit mind blowing. Very interesting seeing the different shades of green that some of the helmets are wearing. Some very unique looking camos too! I notice not a lot of cotton glove wearing which I thought would have been something that was done when handling the lids.

Favourite photo however is the one of you still with a drink in hand admiring the days hall!! I think I’d be smiling too if that lot were in front of me!

Andrew...I am really looking forward to the show in just a few weeks. I have friends from Norway, Italy, Sweden, Japan, Russia...it really is a blast. I leave the door open in my hotel room each night, collectors stop by for a beer or two. ...it is magical.Yeah...for some reason they abuse me by putting all the helmets on my bed. Most of the helmets are of course Kens.
    D.

Impressive collection of helmets David including the photos.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Had the pleasure of meeting David the "Helmet Godfather" in 2018. Enjoyed the time at the show with him and other collectors.

SOS with the helmet doctor
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

TWS
    ?

David, you aren't supposed to drop the helmets on your leg. That's not a proper authentication procedure.
    At least you know the right beverages to dull the pain. I'll be stopping by your room because you have the best brand of beer... free!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Not a helmet collector But That is an IMPRESSIVE display.
    Thanks for sharing those pic's.

"You guys remember Doug B...No ?"
    Yes! Drooled over a many of his displays when he was here.
    Greatly missed here by many.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for the pics Dave, nice looking at them, and you look like you are enjoying self there........Helmet heaven!

As Bill Shea calls it "Nazi Heaven"...A little crude, but appropriate.
    D.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast