Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Spitaflieds Market - Thursdays

Article about: I thought I would share this with you guys. Spitafields Indoor Market by Liverpool Street station. Its all been refurbished now and on Thursdays, the back section hosts a antique/flea market

Dezzydez
    ?

Default Spitaflieds Market - Thursdays

I thought I would share this with you guys. Spitafields Indoor Market by Liverpool Street station. Its all been refurbished now and on Thursdays, the back section hosts a antique/flea market.

You get the usual bric a brac sellers so expect a mix of army surplus, cap badges, bayonets etc but there was one stand, run by a young German punk rocker type (heavily tattooed) selling a lot of WW2 German militaria. He said he sourced everything from Germany.

Today he had 2 photo albums, one belonging to a Waffen SS officer. Album was SS embossed and was initialled with original owners name and rank. It contained some great original photos, looked like early campaigns in France, spied a Czech Skoda tank amongst the photos. He knew I wan't buying and wasn't too keen for me to have a good look, but everything appeared to be original and genuine.

He wanted £500 each album. A bit steep I guess due to proximity to the financial district but how can you price an original Waffen SS photo album?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Spitaflieds Market - Thursdays

Sound interesting. I wonder why he was selling such items at a flea market ? I would say they would be very desirable items if genuine

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem