Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018

Article about: Can't believe I was the only member at "Tankfest" for the last couple of days but I thought I'd kick-off a new thread on this one...so please feel free to dump your pics too.... 'b

Default Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018

Can't believe I was the only member at "Tankfest" for the last couple of days but I thought I'd kick-off a new thread on this one...so please feel free to dump your pics too....

'been going to this one since it started (17 years ago????)...and it just gets bigger and bigger (or should that be busier and busier?). Since the cash-generating tie-up with World of Tanks the attendance has grown and grown much like the distance one stands back from the fencing nowadays due to the crowds. No Tiger running around...which goes to show you don't need a Tiger to get two sell-out days AND a new Preview day (Friday) sorted....indeed, they give ol' 131 two days of its own throughout the year... I always get angry tho when I seen fenced-off rarities
    like the Churchill with 3" gun (A22D?), the A24 Cavalier etc rusting away....as probably the last surviving examples of these vehicles anywhere in the world....and they're dying slowing parked, ironically, alongside the "Restoration Centre"......Anyway, the sun was HOT....and this years visiting "stars" (JS3 from Belgium, Char B from France and 2 Renaults from Weald....+ a visiting Leopard 2, some nice TR stuff from Mr Crompton, an M4 from Holland and the usual sackful of kit from the British Army) shone brightly. Awesome couple of days and very much appreciated the less populated Preview day...and always good to chat to our boys who're at the sharp end doing the do. Here's some pics....I'm hoping there's someone out there who went, has a better eye, a better camera AND is a member here! :-)

Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018
    P
    Many

Ron was there, and shared some pics of tge usual duspkays on fb, but I don't think he showed any from outside....

Great pics ade. I believe it is pre book tickets only and sold out in a flash
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Aw man seems like I missed some nice guest tanks. I didn’t know Bruce crompton was going. Could he be getting footage or something for the combat dealers show?

Tankfest means a lot to me. Since I bought my first piece of militaria there(albeit over priced looking back on it now). Thanks for posting this thread as I can know say I have been collecting for a year!

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting the pics, Composite..couldn't be there myself......great to see the Char B1 taking the fresh air !

Just got back myself, it really was a excellent event this year, the preview day in particular was a nice addition. It was great to see the JS-3 out and about having seen it sitting in a shed in Belgium a few years ago. However, it's always confusing when you hear an FV432 and look up to see a Stug 3.
    Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018Tankfest (Bovington Tank Museum) UK 2018

Wow!.....I guess I deserved that! What an awesome set of action shots.....’love the movement / dust.......Thank you.

One thing I forgot to mention was that English wasn’t the dominant language at this UK event.....French, Polish, Russian, Belgian, German, American & Canadian (ok...kinda English)....a great collection of tanks, peoples and now, photographs...

Thank you...you’ve set the benchmark...

Class ! Thanks for posting this, haven't been to Bovington for about 14 years ago ! Lovely part of the world, the museum was fantastic & will never forget those cake shops in Weymouth (Victoria Sponge, Carrot Cake, Cream Teas !), looks great & glad you had a great time !
    Regards
    Paul

?

That is amazing. Thank you so much for the pic's!

Semper Fi
    Phil

fantastic pictures - i particularly like the Panzer III. I've been 3 or 4 times over the years and i've seen the show get better and better each time - it really is a World class event. Last time was about 5 years ago so i don't know how busy it is now but even so i would recommend this to anyone who hasn't been.
    Nick

Panzers, dust, mud, dirt...

What more can you ask for?..

A nice cold German beer!

Thanks for showing us these great pictures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast