Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

UK War and Peace Show (July 2018)

Article about: OK, 'may as well kick this one off...someone has to :-) On the basis that it'll give me advanced knowledge of who to push in front of to secure the best buys....who's planning to go this yea

Default UK War and Peace Show (July 2018)

OK, 'may as well kick this one off...someone has to :-)

On the basis that it'll give me advanced knowledge of who to push in front of to secure the best buys....who's planning to go this year (and when)?

Every year I think about nominating a meeting place and time....for a little "Relics-coming-together"...but on the basis that most of us would either prefer to be rushing around the stalls, not there on that particular day or would stand a safe distance away from the nominated meeting point to see if everyone really does look like a keyboard-dependent nerd with limited social skills I always fight shy of suggesting it....but I guess we could give it some thought.....as long as it's not first thing in the morning...and everyone looked pretty normal......except the TR lot of course! :-)....perhaps we should have a WR badge...and a handshake...and a sash.....and a hat...hats are always good....with matching branded T shirts.......that should get us avoided!!! :-)

Either way, it's only 2 months away....'clock's ticking....but there's sooooo much before then....Denmead, Wicksteed, Evesham, Bovi........BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement UK War and Peace Show (July 2018)
    P
    Many

Add to that a large umbrella, just in case and dust goggles!!

...what an attractive picture we're already building of.....errrr......us!

I'm going - probably can only do one day though and thinking of the Tuesday, but that may change.
    Will also probably be driving which means I cannot have a few beers in the evening unfortunately.
    It would be good to meet up with some of the folk from the forum for sure.
    We could set up a WhatsApp group or something like that and those who are interested can communicate with that? It's quite handy as you can ping your location as well.
    Assuming there is mobile coverage on site that is.
    Nick

?

Good luck to all of you finding items you want. I cant come down this year. But i am coming down next year! Albeit it would mean almost an entire day driving to get there. As i dont want to test airlines on their security about ordnance. I do like the idea of a meet up to show everyone their purchases. If that goes well this year it will be better organised next year.

And by the way. Please take pictures of the stalls. I always like seeing pictures of stalls and the items for sale!

What's App?? What's What???...mate I've only recently mastered the telephone!....but I'll be carrying that with me....provided that I can find a long enough cable!! :-)

it's already starting to look like I'll be left out of this new fangled modern thing before it's even formed!

I'm going this year, but I'm saving my money for Military Odyssey in August, so won't have any purchases to show off. Would love to put faces to some of the fine members of this forum, although I'm afraid the 'limited social skills' part applies to me ad nauseam.

B.B.

Interesting...re your spending preferences....I think that Detling dropped the ball about 5-6 years ago and is struggling to make the turn...the Big Shed at the top being the only thing that's kept it alive for me......BUT I always find something there too!

Yeah, WhatsApp - if you have a smart phone (most people do) then you can install this from the app store.
    It is a free instant messaging app and you can set up a group for whatever purposes you want.
    We can then chat amongst ourselves, send locations or pictures. It's probably the easiest way to keep connected on the day.

If no objections, I'm happy to set this up - register with WhatsApp, PM me your mobile number and i'll create a new WhatsApp group called 'WarAndPeace2018'.
    The group can then be used for the entire event. People can drop out of the group when they wish to.

Nick

Quote by Composite View Post
    Interesting...re your spending preferences....I think that Detling dropped the ball about 5-6 years ago and is struggling to make the turn...the Big Shed at the top being the only thing that's kept it alive for me......BUT I always find something there too!
    The hall is the main reason for my holding off on purchases. I noticed when I was there a couple of years ago, the amount and selection of dealers seems to be much better there.

I'll be going to War & Peace as more of a spectator this year, and will be spending more time in the living history areas and taking pictures.

B.B.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast