MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

uppermill/saddleworth

Article about: went to this show on sunday,its where they filmed the movie yanks, the highlight for me was to see a lancaster fly over three times heres some pics i took,rgds Dave

?

Default uppermill/saddleworth

went to this show on sunday,its where they filmed the movie yanks, the highlight for me was to see a lancaster fly over three times heres some pics i took,rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture uppermill/saddleworth   uppermill/saddleworth  

uppermill/saddleworth   uppermill/saddleworth  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement uppermill/saddleworth
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: uppermill/saddleworth

somebody else has posted it on yotube YouTube - Lancaster Over Saddleworth

Hi Dave, the Lanc is always an impressive sight to see.

Was this a small show? I had not heard of it until you mentioned it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

hi dave , i don`t think i`ve heard a more emotional and impressive sound than four merlin engines roaring over the tree tops or a better sight than a lanc.

cheers al

Agreed! No better sound. I saw "Just Jane" firing up her four Merlins at East Kirkby last week. They are now planning to get her airborne! Imagine two Lancs flying past!!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

hi nick, now that would be wonderful

cheers al

?

Hi Ade, this shows on every year sat and sun , they had about 100 vehicles and reenactors doing battle scenes but that must have been on the sat as i never saw it sunday even tho there was quite a few dressed as ss and gis , all the village get involved with 40s tea dances and dressing up i was amazed how busy it was,a few tents and stalls were selling militaria but not many, this lancaster was in the film operation crossbow and guns of navarone, it will be great if they get another airborne, we had a great day out and for once it was sunny,,, cheers Dave

?

In some cases local shows are better than the real big ones such as Beltring, again it sounds like a fun weekend and when I've got more time I love to come up for the show.

Nige
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "