Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

War & Peace Revival Show 2014

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson It is down to sheer greed, pure and simple..... The organisers are cutting their own throat with that one.................it will make a poorer show if the groups drop ou

?

Default War & Peace Revival Show 2014

Hello Everybody

Is anybody going to the show this year? I might be popping down myself this year as I am home. I was either going to down a weekend down in Dorset Tank museum,Devonshire & Dorset Museum,& Badger Brewery " My favs beer". or the War & Peace show? Still need to make a command decision!!! Cheers Terry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War & Peace Revival Show 2014
    P
    Many

If you decide to attend, please take lots of photos for us unfortunates who can't be there...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Roger that.. it will be my first time there.. So I will need to save the pennies Glenn... Cheers Terry.

For the first time in 20 years (bar once when Mum had a heart attack) Lez and I are not going.

Last year the site moved to a new, even further south location. Another gallon for fuel to get there. Any further south and it will be in France. (No joke)

But the straw that has broken the camel's back, is the show owner is now charging Living History exhibitors £30 to park their cars! We go there and put on a display which takes a lot of time and effort and adds to the show and provides a popular exhibit with the public. We are unpaid.

Many groups are now boycotting the show.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Holy .... - that's AUD$54 - just to park a car??

You have to be joking.

?

Well, that means they dont want visitors Ade.

It is down to sheer greed, pure and simple.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Right Ade my mind is made up!!! Dorset instead..I haven't been to the tank museum in years & Badger beer tastes mighty fine..

Shame about that but I think I would spend too much money if I went down there..What are you going to do instead?? Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry, why not come to "TankFest" instead? I will be there.

We have plenty of events booked, so a couple of days off will come in handy. 2nd Guards will be at "History LIVE" at Kelmarsh Hall, which is a great multi period show near Market Harborough.

Cheers, Ade.

It seems to be the same everywhere in the UK,as Ade said pure greed,and nothing else comes into it,I dont do large crowds to well so its a big no no from me..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast