Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

War & Peace Revival Show (UK) 2020

Article about: Consider this a mark in the sand....a towel on a sunbed....for this year's UK W&PR Show......I've seen too many different threads about the "SoS" to be able to tolerate various

Sad news, but it was pretty much inevitable at this point. Guess we'll just have to start saving our pennies for next year!

That is if the Chinese don't accidentally unleash a new strain of the bubonic plague...

B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War & Peace Revival Show (UK) 2020
    P
    Many

...but on the positive side, just think of what 2 years of cash will buy (although some will argue that a lot will go on the entrance fee! :-) )

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Sad news, but it was pretty much inevitable at this point. Guess we'll just have to start saving our pennies for next year!

That is if the Chinese don't accidentally unleash a new strain of the bubonic plague...

B.B.
    Seriously mate, don't even joke about it. They have just admitted (about a week ago) that they have discovered a new and virulent strain of Flu that has the potential to cause another pandemic. No cause for alarm at the moment though

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...but on the positive side, just think of what 2 years of cash will buy (although some will argue that a lot will go on the entrance fee! :-) )
    Well, I had already accepted this so I have already spent my pennies elswhere!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Composite View Post
    It's official - CANCELLED

'interesting use of words..."the Hop Farm Show Ground has made the decision not to allow....."......I'd've thought a tiny little bug might have had more to do with it.
    I guess the organisers are in a better place legally vis compensation and insurance etc if the venue cancel it rather than them.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 07-06-2020 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Seriously mate, don't even joke about it. They have just admitted (about a week ago) that they have discovered a new and virulent strain of Flu that has the potential to cause another pandemic. No cause for alarm at the moment though

Regards

Mark
    It hasn't yet jumped to humans, so is currently not something to worry about. But given the track record of the Chinese for dealing with this sort of thing, I'm not exactly optimistic that it'll be monitored and contained properly. Disease pandemics have been coming out of that area of the world since the time of the Black Death, and it isn't likely to stop anytime soon. Hopefully they'll at least have the good courtesy to wait until after W&P next year to unleash it upon the world!

B.B.

?

I know it’s a shame and I like the optimism but this was never going to happen.This event is huge and far to well attended to take place. Someone else (Adrian?) said as far back as pre Christmas that You can forget the big shows this year.Sigh !!! OK next year then

I got the email too. Just last weekend I decided to let the coming edition pass, if it would have been continued. The calendar on The Hop Farm's website already removed W&P a few days ago.

Lightbulb

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    ...... currently not something to worry about.....
    Hur, hur...another Churchillian quotation from February 2020. Where's my gasmask....?

It is indeed a shame.....I shall miss the annual gathering of all the War Relics gang...oh the happy memories of those HUGE gatherings.....each “round” costing several hundred pounds....drinking, laughing and sharing stories into the evening....sometimes it’s hard to see the edges of the crowd there’s so many........I think there must’ve been 300-400 last year......err.....sorry, make that 3-4.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast