MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

War and Peace Show 2016 (Folkestone, Kent, UK)

Article about: Well, it's still going after all these years, and coming up again soon (19 - 23 July):- https://warandpeacerevival.com/ I'll be there on the Tuesday and Wednesday, as ever looking for the 'b

Hi, I will be going for a couple of days, it takes at least one day just to look around the stalls, although its a shocker to drive into the event, the traffic is horrendous queuing near entrance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War and Peace Show 2016 (Folkestone, Kent, UK)
    P
    Many

?

I used the train last year and it was great.If You remember operation stack was in progress. Cheap rail fair too and only two changes I think it was.

Quote by lew07 View Post
    I used the train last year and it was great.If You remember operation stack was in progress. Cheap rail fair too and only two changes I think it was.
    Yep, Western Hanger very convenient, Might go by train this year.

Just had an email update reminding me it opens at 10.00 apparently....."old" War & Peace used to open at 9.00.....and for those planning for next year it looks like it's a week later.....assuming it makes it thru this year.

I hope it does!

Lightbulb

Well, what a scorcher ! I've been to some hot W&Ps over the years, but today was right up there.....

Sadly, the quality of good militaria trade stalls was well down on any I've been to . Granatwerfer and I overheard one guy walking past : 'It's all toys and **** !'

Luckily, not quite all but we had to delve very hard. I found a nice 88mm shellcase ( ex-Finnish but with full WWII stamps and Waffenamts ) out of a pile at £15 each, plus some decent secondhand Panzer books.

But, compared to last year, inert ordnance prices were crazy. In 2015 I got a nice Flak18 Panzergranate projectile for £50 ; an identical one this year ? £300...... A KwK43 Sprenggranate projectile....£200. And a complete KwK43 Panzergranate was £450. All far too rich for my wallet, and all of which I've bought much, much cheaper in the last two years.

Best of all, I liked the StuG III by the entrance ( which is I think the Tunisia-captured one rescued from Pirbright...although others may know more ?). It just looked the business and the owners were very friendly...so much so that I happily came away with a StuGIIID Project mug and also a tracklink and pin...well, it was all to a good cause !

A lovely day out thanks to the weather, but certainly not a vintage W&P for me.....

War and Peace Show 2016 (Folkestone, Kent, UK)
    Last edited by Martin Bull; 07-20-2016 at 01:20 PM.

You're spot-on....Tunis-captured Pirbright Stug.....rare, nice and a really interesting piece which, in my opinion at least, deserves a better place than tucked to the side of the entrance...it should be on a plinth!

I thought "armour" was down and the stalls were too....'still managed to pick up some bits though

I'm hoping the new owners will apply some tweaks for tomorrow.....but next year will be the REAL test......will folk / dealers come back??..

?

I agree with the two posts above.In fact Im thinking Ive been to My last War and Peace show today.Some thing I picked up on though.Thats the number of people that wernt aware it started today.It may be that it will be busier tomorrow.Today for the first time ever I bought back more money than I took lol.Sold a few bits to dealers.Sadly Im thinking its not worth the trip any more.

I think quite a few people will do the Hop farm show next month maybe will be like the good old days who knows , I have sold at the W&P show for the last 25 years and this is the first year I haven't been ,as far as I can see the shows gone right down hill since it moved , I will have to really think if its worth doing again and may try the Hop Farm Show instead

Quote by kradman View Post
    I think quite a few people will do the Hop farm show next month maybe will be like the good old days who knows , I have sold at the W&P show for the last 25 years and this is the first year I haven't been ,as far as I can see the shows gone right down hill since it moved , I will have to really think if its worth doing again and may try the Hop Farm Show instead
    I must admit I did not know about the Military World Show at the Hop Farm and I actually thought that Hop Farm had gone out of business which was the main reason for W&P moving. Clearly not.

I am going to W&P tomorrow for the weekend (17th year) but having read the above posts I hope I am not disappointed although I do agree it hasn't been the same since moving.

I have looked at the camping at the Hop Farm and at first glance it looks pretty good against W&P so if the show is good it seems to be a better choice the way things seem to be going.

Anyone going to the Hop Farm show especially those camping please post updates here for comparison.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

My first year at the event and thoroughly enjoyed it
    Last edited by James C; 08-15-2016 at 07:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast