Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

War & Peace Show Revival 2017

Article about: It has just become known that starting from 2017 the location of War & Peace Show Revival will be back at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood (Beltring): https://warandpeacemagazine.com/grea...pe

Red face

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I see you got a photo of Ben - and wingy smiling as ever (did he know you took it)
    I was very discreet ! And this year I actually bought something ( the C12 fuzes ).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War & Peace Show Revival 2017
    P
    Many

Wink

Had a fantastic day out today!

First off, we were extremely lucky with the weather. only one brief cloudburst around lunchtime, the annoyance of which was alleviated by taking cover in a tent full of enticing goodies. Spent most of the morning roaming around the displays, which seemed a lot better than they were last year. The afternoon was dedicated to browsing the stalls. I'd say with certainty that the Hop Farm is miles better than the Folkestone site, and having just got home I'm already excited for next year.

Bought something for the collection, too. Waiting for tomorrow to take some photographs. But let's just say one of the items on my deact bucket list has been well and truly crossed off!

B.B.

?

Im glad every one seems to be enjoying the show. Ive always maintained to do it properly You needed two days. One on watching the displays and exhibits and one full day looking at the stalls.

Definitely agree. Didn't have anywhere near the time I wanted to browse all the stalls. Only managed to properly look at two rows before I started to feel pressed for time. It really is overwhelming just how much is there, and despite spending a couple of hours having a look around I feel like I barely scratched the surface. Will have to camp overnight or find a hotel next year.

B.B.

...we only realised the following day that we'd stood up /walked from 8.00 when we were queuing to 5.00pm when we left.....that probably explains the leg pain! You need to develop a strategy.....'see every stall quickly and then go back to the ones which interested you.....

...and every year I think about going back....last year I did just that

Lightbulb

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...You need to develop a strategy.....
    Granatwerfer & I always try - and always fail !

We go up and down all the rows and then right along the back, carefully noting anything we're interested in. Most of which we find again, but there's always one or two which we spend ages wandering around trying to find...'Wasn't it over there ?' ' No - I thought it was opposite that bookstall'...'Oh - there must be another bookstall' etc. Then there's that ultra-scarce but quite expensive thing - should I grab it now when I might need the cash later...? You come back, and of course it's gone.....

All rather exciting, actually !

Ah...been there...done that...so this year we adopted a rather @nal approach....use the Programme (we never have in the past) map.... and mark the stalls of interest so we know exactly where they are allowing us to go straight back whenever we want.....only to find the THING has sold.....aaaaaggghhhhh!!!!!

Arrow

Quote by Martin Bull View Post

This was more like it, and at £550 probably won't hang around too long....

Attachment 1096249

And it didn't ! Looked at another forum this morning and there it was, posted by the proud new owner.....

...'sad thing is, why would one go to the trouble of finding, cleaning and mounting such an important item so well and then attaching it with brackets like that?!...'may as well have used Cable Ties or Blue Tac!...they'd have to go...... :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4