Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show

Article about: by DrCMH Today was my first time attending one of these shows. I think the best part, for me, was meeting Bob Hritz and having a chance to thank him for the advice he gives to us. I saw more

Default Re: West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show

Just got back from the show....lots and lots of stuff there. Going on the assumption that most items there were not fake, you German collectors would love this show, tons of daggers, helmets, badges, flags etc. Not knowing anything at all about them nor are these items in our budget, I didn't pay much attention to them but I'm sure the serious collector would be in heaven.

We picked up a few items for the kids collection, nothing special but good stuff none the less, will post them in a thread later today or tomorrow, once I snap a few photos.

SunsetIE, I kept an eye out for anything a foot taller than I was but didn't spot you....sorry I you were there and we didn't get a chance to meet.

Russ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show
    P
    Many

I kept an eye out for you aswell but never saw you! i arrived about 9:45 and left at 2:30. I got the privilege to talk to Bob, and had him authenticate a black wound badge i purchased! And yes, there were more fakes than legitimate relics as even my amateur eyes could spot! I was shocked to see the table filled with poorly reproduced cuff titles, SS collar tabs, and every other high value award and order, as well as a tub full of totenkopf insignia that were priced at 5$ a piece, All of them were for reenactment purposes im sure, but they had no sign denoting real items from repros!

Bummer..... We probably passed one another a dozen times. We arrived right before the doors opened and left around 12:30. I have no knowlage of German Militaria so I couldn't tell a fake unless it has a sign over it indicating so or it was REALLY bad.

We picked up a few odds and ends and at the moment I am busy comeing to the realization that I bought a movie prop USMC M41 HBT shirt.....I'm about 99.9% convinced it is. Sad part is, the seller made it clear that he works in the movie industry and does pick up and sell movie props and in the same breath, assured me that this shirt was as authentic as the air we breath. Thank god it was not a high dollar item. I also picked up, from the same guy, a USMC M41 Haversack that has some Vietnam area marking on it, so I am questioning that as well although so far it looks good short the absense of any markings.

Just a sad state of affairs that you have to be so catious.

you mustve picked that up from the southwest end of the hall, the booth with the 3 racks spaced evenly? they had a clear sign that said "MOVIE PROPS"!

No, no from those folks, they are always there and CLEARLY mark thier inventory as movie props.......a reinactors paradise I'm sure.

well then i dont know what to say! im quite pleased with my BWB, there were better looking ones than mine, but they were priced higher and unmarked!

All in all a good show. Walter Dudgeon always has something from the HJ for me at this show, and yes he does discount prices if he knows you. I did see a table at the opposite end from the entrance (I don't know who the seller was) that had a couple of bad HJ uniform items. A post war ski cap with a fake blue diamond and an HJ Kopperblusse with mismatched triangle and boards. He chased me down trying to get me to buy the cap, tact prevailed and I didn't tell him it was bad to the bone and his uniform was "fixed up" post war. Always fun to look around and lot of diverse interests represented. Some of the guys in period costume got odd looks from the crowd that was attending the gymnastics competition next to the show.

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    All in all a good show. Walter Dudgeon always has something from the HJ for me at this show, and yes he does discount prices if he knows you. I did see a table at the opposite end from the entrance (I don't know who the seller was) that had a couple of bad HJ uniform items. A post war ski cap with a fake blue diamond and an HJ Kopperblusse with mismatched triangle and boards. He chased me down trying to get me to buy the cap, tact prevailed and I didn't tell him it was bad to the bone and his uniform was "fixed up" post war. Always fun to look around and lot of diverse interests represented. Some of the guys in period costume got odd looks from the crowd that was attending the gymnastics competition next to the show.

I believe i saw that ski cap with the blue HJ diamond, i instantly thought how wrong it was aswell!

I'm feeling a little better about the M41 Haversack, it's looking to be legit so far. As for the USMC 1941 HBT SHirt, I see that there are plenty of them listed on eBay, as movie props all getting what I paid for it so I think I can recover my losses selling as a prop.

Here are some pictures for everybody that didnt go, mainly TR related, as it holds more of my fascination than US items.

a VERY nice chained SS dagger

very poor photo of a DRK pin

What is this award for? i assume high seas fleet but i dont know its specification.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast