Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show

Article about: Hi Folks, I just got home from what was definitely the best gun/ militaria show I've ever been to. I'm not only talking about the selection/ prices of items (there was a wide range of items

Default Re: WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Ahh, my old broken battle axe. 27th Division. If you don't know, the broken battle axe also stands for N Y D - New York Division. The 7 stars are the main stars of Orion. I started out in the D 1/108th Infantry with them, Swapped over to the 222nd MPs which were re-classing from C 1/108th, then was swapped to 466th Area Support Medical Company which fell under the 53rd Troop Command.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show
    P
    Many

Default Re: WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show

Quote by Cadillac View Post
    Ahh, my old broken battle axe. 27th Division. If you don't know, the broken battle axe also stands for N Y D - New York Division. The 7 stars are the main stars of Orion. I started out in the D 1/108th Infantry with them, Swapped over to the 222nd MPs which were re-classing from C 1/108th, then was swapped to 466th Area Support Medical Company which fell under the 53rd Troop Command.
    Nice! I bought that patch for my best friend. His grandpa was in the 27th between 1938 and 1945.

Man, I'm blown away you got to meet Guanere. I love BoB, I think I'll watch the boxset this weekend actually. I would love a signed print like that, great stuff

I was at this show both days, there is so much stuff to look at, and being kinda new to the hobby its nice to see feel and smell the real deal items, of course its buyer beware because alot of dealers just have fake junk, i usually pick up small items to fill gaps in my collection. I have a small story, I was observing wild bill on saturday, watching him interact with all the folks and signing items, at one point he was struggling with trying to open a bottle of orange juice, and his wife reached over to help him, he brushed her hand away and kept struggling with that cap untill he finally got it open himself, I imagined him thinking to himself "with all Ive been through and done the last thing I need is help opening a god damn bottle cap" so for a second I caught a glimpse of a old man in a wheelchair and thought to myself now there is someone tougher/ braver then everyone else in the building. A small moment that just made me think wow.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I was at this show both days, there is so much stuff to look at, and being kinda new to the hobby its nice to see feel and smell the real deal items, of course its buyer beware because alot of dealers just have fake junk, i usually pick up small items to fill gaps in my collection. I have a small story, I was observing wild bill on saturday, watching him interact with all the folks and signing items, at one point he was struggling with trying to open a bottle of orange juice, and his wife reached over to help him, he brushed her hand away and kept struggling with that cap untill he finally got it open himself, I imagined him thinking to himself "with all Ive been through and done the last thing I need is help opening a god damn bottle cap" so for a second I caught a glimpse of a old man in a wheelchair and thought to myself now there is someone tougher/ braver then everyone else in the building. A small moment that just made me think wow.
    Was that his wife...? She is significantly younger than Bill. If so, GOOD JOB, WILD BILL!

Haha not sure, maybe it was his daughter. I think he should be surrounded by playboy bunnies at all times, wild bill is the real stud not hugh heffner.

Lol, amen!

?

It must not be the same canteen. The one I looked at was almost $60. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

WOW, wild Bill is looking old. Glad you guys got to meet and talk to him. He sure was a killer with no fear, just like Audey Murphy!!

?

Hey Joe great thread. Just to let you guys know how nice a guy Joe is he sent me a txt from the show of him and wild Bill. I asked if he could get me his autograph and with in minutes Joe hooked me up. It's in the mail and I can't wait to hold it. Thanks again Joe . Gary

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast