Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

AussieNewbie

SS Ground Röhm?

Hi everyone,
    Was thinking of purchasing this dagger? Just wanted your thoughts and opinions on this piece, it’s a numbered ground Röhm and

07-17-2019, 04:21 AM
    BobS

Grenadier Guards Officer's Sword ID

For some time, I have owned a GeoV Grenadier Guards "picquet" sword, with he initials M.A.P. engraved upon the blade.
    I just recently

07-17-2019, 03:25 AM
    Poteto

Damage Strange Budenovka

Hello everyone, a few weeks ago I purchased this strange looking Budenovka, in quite bad condition. The seller told me this Budenovka belonged to one

07-16-2019, 11:06 PM
    loginoff

Need opinion on originality ss helmet

I am offered to buy this helmet ... but knowing how many fake SS helmets, I want to make sure that it is original or not.
    Thank you all for the

07-16-2019, 10:37 PM
    Luftwaffe 1941

Ground dug SS M16 relic

I usually tend to shy away from items that are in a severe relic condition, but the other day I made an exception.

I bought this helmet

07-17-2019, 01:31 AM
    Ernst60

Opinions needed....panzer wrap

Hi all:
    I'm thinking of purchasing this Heer Panzer wrap. Please let me know what you think. Sorry I don't have better pictures. I assume that

07-17-2019, 12:40 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook