Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Admin

Stahlhelm

11-13-2018, 04:30 AM
    Midwest Picker

Another Yosegaki Hinomaru for the collection?

Hello everyone,

I hope you have all been well and enjoying your parts of the world as we enter into the cold months in the Midwestern

11-13-2018, 03:42 AM
    Rescue190

Fake Cap Eagle Confirmation Help Please

This came in a lot of items from auction. I think it is a reproduction but would like to confirm my thoughts before I throw in the trash. The details

11-13-2018, 04:34 AM
    pascucci

Fake? Japanese good luck flag

Got this in a lot of stuff from a local vet who passed, while I think this piece is period, I'm inclined to call it a fake, but wanted a confirmation

11-13-2018, 03:08 AM
    Brumbar

MOB-Finder

Hi gents.
    Anyone else having trouble with the MOB-Finder link that's been pinned above.
    Or any other site available. Your help is appreciated.

11-13-2018, 04:25 AM
    Admin

WWII : Kragenspiegel Wehrmacht General - WH General Collar Tabs - Schöne Replik

11-13-2018, 02:10 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook