Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

leeanderson

Hello all! Help with a new helmet please?

Hi! I have been a lurker for a long time, thought I would take the plunge and join.

I would really appreciate it if you learned gentlemen

10-19-2017, 04:03 AM
    Toecutter

Flea market Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,good one?

Picked this up at a flea market for 20.00,probably fake as its thin stamped metal,opinions welcome.

10-19-2017, 04:52 AM
    Luftwaffe 1941

My small Erkennungsmarken collection

Hello all! Thought I would show my small collection of German ID tags today. I believe the majority of these were found on the eastern front. There are

10-19-2017, 03:18 AM
    Toecutter

Cleaning a dagger blade that has smudge,info needed

I see dealers listing daggers saying," blade has some smudge that may clean up".They know it wont,tried it before and the blade always looked

10-19-2017, 03:17 AM
    badger51

Help to ID shoulder board

Help to ID this shoulder board would be appreciated

10-19-2017, 03:01 AM
    Brannik

Need help. Wehrmacht M41 tunic

Hi friends, does the eagle and the collar tabs are original sawn. I am sorry for the bad photos. Thank you!!!

10-19-2017, 01:31 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Sponsor Links

Your advertisement here:
  • Facebook