Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

BlackCat1982

Operation Nightingle UK finding Easy Co.

Colleagues from Operation Nightingle making some great finds at their Aldbourne dig this week, parachute silk, reserve chute D ring. Check them out on

05-24-2019, 10:18 AM
    Admin

Â*Stahlhelm , USA , Normandie, gefallener GI

05-24-2019, 08:50 AM
    Admin

Kradmelder(über)hose gebraucht

05-24-2019, 07:10 AM
    Ves

Infantry Shoulder Boards - Help needed!

Hello fellas. I am interested in buying this pair of Heer Shoulder Boards. Unfortunately I am not very familiar in this field, so I will be really appreciate

05-24-2019, 09:03 AM
    Admin

Schulterklappe und Kragenspiegel rot Militär?

05-24-2019, 05:30 AM
    Rescue190

Reference book on Japanese Sake Cups Help Please

I am looking for a reasonably priced reference book on the topic of sake cup and bottles. Not intending to collect them but would like to better understand

05-24-2019, 03:18 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook