Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

tomp

Interesting Saipan tag

Here is an interesting tag I picked up relatively recently. Id'd to the 43rd Division which was on Saipan, but I do not have it with me to find out the

06-24-2018, 05:26 AM
    Jlow

3 Knives from fleemarket

1:

2:

3:

Can any of these have been used

06-24-2018, 04:36 AM
    Rescue190

Type 14 2nd Series to Share

I recently acquired a nice Type 14 2nd Series. All matching except for magazine as shown. Broken firing pin that is numbered to the gun. The grip panels

06-24-2018, 04:21 AM
    drfister

Polish WWII Medals

Hi, I'm 29 and live just outside of Toronto. When I was a boy my grandmother gave me 2 boxes of my Great Grandfathers medals from WWII. He was a Tank

06-24-2018, 04:09 AM
    Admin

Stahlhelm Gladiator, Luftschutz Feuerwehr RL2 - 39/2

06-24-2018, 02:50 AM
    rra227

Chinese? Tropical Sun Hat Translation

Can anybody translate the marks? Thanks,Rich A. in Pa.

06-24-2018, 02:29 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook