• Recent forum activity

menellia

Nazi Helmet Value?

My grandfather recently passed away and upon opening his storage unit we found tons of war relics from his time in WW2.

One of the items

05-27-2017, 10:26 PM
    Hallibag

S.A. dagger with gold crossguards?

I found this beat-up old dagger today at a yard sale. Of course I was skeptical about it, figuring it was likely a fake, but the elderly gentleman who

05-27-2017, 10:11 PM
    Waffenamt44

Schwarz Verwundetenabzeichen 1939

Bought this from a friend and I just wanted to make sure it's original.. I got a good deal on it, I know the finish is not great. Thank you guys! (please

05-27-2017, 10:09 PM
    Sucher92

German Canteen painted by SS Member

Hello,

a friend of mine found this german canteen south of berlin.
    On one side it has painted the emblem of the SS and the LAH.

05-27-2017, 10:08 PM
    Admin

Original Wehrmacht Elite Stahlhelm Modell M42 2.WK.

05-27-2017, 09:50 PM
    Admin

Original Wehrmacht Elite Stahlhelm Modell M40 2.WK.

05-27-2017, 09:50 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Sponsor Links

Your advertisement here:
  • Facebook