Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

captain20052019

Otto Skorzeny

I'd like to recommend the book "Hitler's Commando" by the infamous, but somehow forgotten by mainstream history, SS officer Otto Skorzeny. For

06-06-2020, 05:41 AM
    tdurbinmas

US Navy PRESIDENTIAL Flags No 1 Size

Take a look at a pair of 100-110 year old flags. The top flag is a M-1902 Naval Presidential Flag and the bottom is a M-1916 No 1 Presidential flag. These

06-06-2020, 06:02 AM
    RTP

New User Introduction

Hello Everyone,

I’m a brand new user of the forums, but I’ve read a bit and finally decided to register. I live in Colorado, USA.

06-06-2020, 06:04 AM
    tomp

Question about soldier designation

Don't recall if this was addressed in an earlier thread, sorry for any redundancies if so. What would the "special volunteer" designation mean

06-06-2020, 02:03 AM
    AZPhil

My M1938 coveralls came in today!!

This is the coveralls I need for my B-17 friend Phil.
    These are the sellers pic's as I haven't taken any yet.
    These are in Very Good condition

06-06-2020, 05:53 AM
    KristianFerrell

Himmler pic question....

Hello everyone,
    I came across this Himmler pic. My question is, is his ringed hand, I thought was, an Honor ring, and a HH monogrammed ring? Look

06-06-2020, 01:33 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook