Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Narcis

Bahnschutz schirmm√ľtze - Fake or original?

Hi,
    I'm looking for a Bahnschutz visor cap.
    This one is on EBay. The cap eagle was removed but is still available. The seller does not

06-02-2020, 03:09 PM
    Nord

Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38

Hello collectorfriends,
    today i have another helmet and the big question: Is this M38 original?
    Unfortunately I didn't get any more photos.

06-02-2020, 02:58 PM
    OldSteel

British Army Battle dress

Morning everyone,
    it seemed interesting to open a thread on the battle dress used by the British Army in the period 1946-1951, in a few years at

06-02-2020, 02:48 PM
    Norviking

SS Kragenspiegel

Fake or original ?
    Any opinions ?
    Personally i feel its the real deal but i would like to hear what you others say.
    Thanks for any

06-02-2020, 02:27 PM
    Admin

Hose Und Schuhe Luftwaffe ? Aus Sammlungsauflösung

06-02-2020, 02:20 PM
    Admin

Stahlhelm M34 Feuerlöschpolizei Feuerwehr Wehrmacht Polizei WK2 WW2 100% orig !!

06-02-2020, 02:20 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook