Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Midwest Picker

Luftwaffe Helmet; The Real Deal?

Hello Everyone,

I hope my post finds you all well. This has been offered to me for $100.00. If things shake out in my favor I'll be traveling

04-23-2019, 03:42 AM
    Brig

Ostmedaille Miniature

Picked this up several years ago at a small show...I think it's pretty good but the short pin has always had me wondering, would love you get a few opinions

04-23-2019, 02:56 AM
    TheDecider

Frankenstein or Vietnam era...

Greetings forum members, I Have a variety of helmets but my M1 collection is still growing. That being said I recently bought three helmets and two were

04-23-2019, 03:14 AM
    jfkrzy

New nsdap collector

Hi, i just bought a nsdap pin from live auctionneer and i would like to verify its authenticity here, its a nsdap nazi party pin quote adolf hitler 1933

04-23-2019, 02:30 AM
    Toecutter

Reichsbahn armband,look good?

Has a fadded ink stamp,green armband with black woven Reichsbahn and eagle.More of a linen/nylon than cotton base.Look good?

04-23-2019, 01:48 AM
    xenoxols

New User

Hey, I am new here and I would like to identify some old surplus gear I have.
    -East German Pants
    -US Army trench coat, 30-60s I think?

04-22-2019, 11:48 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook