Become our sponsor and display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Brady556

Hello

Hello. I am interested in collecting WWII items from The U.S. and Germany.

01-24-2019, 04:53 AM
    Admin

90 cm Kordel Rundschnur Alu, ca 1,5 mm : Kragenspiegel Uniform-Effekte

01-24-2019, 03:50 AM
    UK Cousin

Hitler's collection is fake part 5

Part 5 up and running. Be sure to turn the captions on.
    Enjoy!

YouTube

01-24-2019, 04:26 AM
    Joshua R

SS Totenkopf Ring ID HELP!

So this ring (I’m fairly certain is authentic as it has a Boyle CoA) is named to a “Schwarz” and is dated what looks like 20/4/36. I was wondering where

01-24-2019, 02:45 AM
    Larry C

Identity of a bayonet

Hello Gents...a co worker knowing that I collect and study WW2 brought in a bayonet to be identified ..which I have no clue. he said his grandfather brought

01-24-2019, 03:51 AM
    Dav

Frostbite & Borsalbe Creams

Hi Guys,

What are your opinions on these various creams, they look original to me and as to my knowledge aren't faked (apart from those

01-24-2019, 04:48 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook