MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

57er Nahkampfspange's.......

Article about: Gents my first "Deumer" version, an early Bronze grade...notice the lack of a back plate, solid one piece construction with painted black background to the crossed bayonet and gren

Default 57er Nahkampfspange's.......

Gentlemen, this section will not be complete without reference to the 1957 awards (Officially sanctioned replacement awards, re-designed w/o the swastika) , all grades were produced from 1957 to it is believed the mid 1980's, quality overall was good, even later produced awards being acceptable....two makers are identified, St u L and Deumer...the latter easily identifiable by its one piece construction, i.e. no separate backplate ! (and is rare !) Here I show one early Bronze grade piece (early 1960's), solid hinge block, tapered pin and one later Silver grade award (late1960's, early 1970's) with open hinge block and second type tapered pin, both are St u L made pieces...the earliest 1957 on made pieces had the wartime wide "coke bottle" style pin assembly.
    Enjoy...
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er  Nahkampfspange's.......   57er  Nahkampfspange's.......  

57er  Nahkampfspange's.......   57er  Nahkampfspange's.......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er  Nahkampfspange's.......
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 57er Nahkampfspange's.......

Nice award Steve never seen one before!! So thanks for showing...Cheers Terry..

?

Steve out of interest what is the general price range for the three awards ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul, they use to be quite cheap...but over the past year with growing interest they have risen in price, recently a dealer had all three grades for little over 350 Euros ! (in my view to expensive !) the general price for early 1960 made pieces seem to be around...Bronze and Silver approx 70+ Euro, the Gold around 100+ Euro(knock around 20-30 Euro off for later pieces) ...But beware, they are being FAKED ! any with maker marks, LDO and other numbers will be fake ! I have yet to obtain a Gold grade and a Deumer piece.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks Steve i would like a Gold one myself as these were the most coveted of the awards of the Infanterie Soldaten !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I hope that Steve does not mind, I will add my early wide pin St.u L for reference.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er  Nahkampfspange's.......   57er  Nahkampfspange's.......  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I hope that Steve does not mind, I will add my early wide pin St.u L for reference.
    Ralph.
    The more the merrier ! I know where that one came from ! nice catch Ralph ! this is the earliest form, using left over parts from WW2...super piece !
    Prost ! Steve.

Good stuff, thanks for adding this to the new forum!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by oradour View Post
    The more the merrier ! I know where that one came from ! nice catch Ralph ! this is the earliest form, using left over parts from WW2...super piece !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you Steve!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Ralph.
    Very nice S&L Nahkampfspange Ralph!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast