Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Combat Clasp/Nahkampfspange by GWL - your opinion, please?

Article about: I would very much value your opinion on this one, as I have had an offer to buy it. Is it real or fake, please?

?

Default Combat Clasp/Nahkampfspange by GWL - your opinion, please?

I would very much value your opinion on this one, as I have had an offer to buy it. Is it real or fake, please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Clasp/Nahkampfspange by GWL - your opinion, please?
    P
    Many

Default re: Combat Clasp/Nahkampfspange by GWL - your opinion, please?

Without better photos i can only comment on what I see at the moment.

The hinge and catch construction, makers mark and backplate fixing method look good. OTOH I think the pin has been replaced as it looks too thin compared to the full banjo type this award should have. I would like to see better macro shots of the eagle and acorns surrounding the scrollwork on the obverse as well as better shots of the makers mark/hinge/catch etc.

Some shots taken in better light would help also as the obverse shot looks odd in terms of colour but I suspect that may be the fault of the scanner I assume was used to take the images.

At the moment without the benefit of better images, I'd give this example a albeit with a replaced pin.

?

Thanks, Glenn.
    Exactly the sort of opinion/advice, Im after.
    This is via a friend, whose colleague has these for sale.
    My friend would have to seek out the decoration again for better pics, but Ill try to bring up the matter, which is after all very much in my interest, should I deceide to go for the Spange.

I agree with Glenn.Please ask for better pictures,to be sure with this clasp.This clasp from GWL,is one of the rarest maker from Close Combat Clasps.The pin is replaced.Is not a original pin,that known from this maker.But what i can see with this pics looks not bad.

regards
    Joachim

?

Vielen dank, Joachim.

So in your opinion - pending further photo verification - the Spange is worth going for even with a replaced pin, as its a rare maker?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Vielen dank, Joachim.

So in your opinion - pending further photo verification - the Spange is worth going for even with a replaced pin, as its a rare maker?
    The opinions about repaired items are very different. Also about the price. But this clasps from GWL are the 2nd. rarest clasps after Hymnen & Co.

A bronze clasp from GWL,without repair are traded over 1000 Euro.So when the price is good and the clasp is original.Buy it!!!

Regards
    Joachim

?

Thanks for info.