Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

JFS Nahkampfspange & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi everyone, I've run across these on Craiglist. Seller wants \\$500 for the grouping, but I'm not happy with either the combat clasp or the assault badge. The badge looks like it is brand new

Default JFS Nahkampfspange & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Hi everyone,

I've run across these on Craiglist. Seller wants $500 for the grouping, but I'm not happy with either the combat clasp or the assault badge. The badge looks like it is brand new and has what I think is poor detail overall. The bayonet on the clasp looks kind of...fat. I've requested more pictures, but just from this one my gut says no.

The story:
    "I'm selling these World War 2 German Combat Awards, have fallen on some rough times and need the money, even though I hate to part with these. They were given to me by a friend who's father was stationed in Normandy, France following the D-Day invasion. He took these war trophies off of dead or captured German Soldiers. They are the Close Combat Clasp, Wound Badge, and General Combat Badge. Chances are a very decorated Axis Soldier earned these before dying in battle during D-Day."

Thanks for looking, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JFS Nahkampfspange & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  
    Last edited by Wolfe1165; 05-13-2012 at 05:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement JFS Nahkampfspange & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default re: JFS Nahkampfspange & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Unless that D-Day soldier was the only man to ever earn a black Close Combat Clasp, then I would say it is no good. We will know for sure once we see the reverse.

Regards, Corey

?

Always trust your gut feeling.

I hope the new pics can tell us for sure.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well these pictures confirm the suspicion I think...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JFS Nahkampfspange & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen   JFS Nahkampfspange & Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen  

The silver wound badge appears to be a good '107' Carl Wild. The hardware and marking appears to be correct for this maker.
    I think the close combat clasp is good, still hard to tell with these photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I think it is a bronze Close Combat Clasp that has lost its color. Peekhaus, the most common maker. The maker's marks are correct, but they are usually in switched positions. Also the right side marking appears to be inscribed instead of stamped. I don't know if these are red flags or not? Let's wait and see what others think.

Corey

The Silver Wound and the Bronze CCC are good, in my opinion. The GAB looks like it was made yesterday from a can lid. Divide the 500 by 3 and double it and offer her $350 and she can keep the "rare" GAB.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The CCC is a good JFS 1st pattern IMO, would be good to see some closeups of the bayonet but at the moment it looks OK.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I think it is a bronze Close Combat Clasp that has lost its color. Peekhaus, the most common maker. The maker's marks are correct, but they are usually in switched positions. Also the right side marking appears to be inscribed instead of stamped. I don't know if these are red flags or not? Let's wait and see what others think.

Corey
    I must dissagree in a few points Corey.Peekhaus Berlin was not the maker.From Peekaus comes only the design draught and this marking are also at Nahkampfspangen from the makers A.G.M. u. K ; FLL ; JFS and Juncker to find.

The second point is.The showing clasp from John is a clasp from Josef Feix und Söhne (JFS) so called 1. pattern.At this variant is the maker mark position correct.At the second pattern variant the maker mark positions is switched.

This clasp is not really rare,thats right,but the most common maker is imo FLL.The first pattern variant is much more rare,then the second pattern variant.The pics are really not good and as Glenn said,better pictures could help to be 100 % sure about originality.

What i can see with this pics,my felling is not bad at this clasp and it should be a original Nahkampfspange.I think also the condition and finish is not bad.

Regards
    Joachim

My bronze JFS 1st type for comparison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast