Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Bronze

Article about: Dear Members, This is my first time on the forum. I have just started collecting German badges from WW2 and have a question regarding the markings on a CCC. I have included two photos and wo

Default Nahkampfspange in Bronze

Dear Members,
    This is my first time on the forum. I have just started collecting German badges from WW2 and have a question regarding the markings on a CCC.
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    I have included two photos and would like your honest opinion on this badge.

Regards
    Shane
    Australia
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-22-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    P
    Many

Regards and welcome here in WRF,

this is a old fake clasp.

The eagle design from the obverse side is not close to Berg & Nolte. And the maker mark from the reverse side shoult be also marked always upside down on original Berg & Nolte ccc`s.

This fake is also called "butter knife" fake.

Regards
    Joe

Enough Said

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    this is a old fake clasp.
    This fake is also called "butter knife" fake.
    Welcome indeed Shane, you will enjoy it here and benefit greatly as you begin in your new sphere of collecting.

Joe is spot on and the "butter knife" reference is to the very odd (and obvious once you know it) shape of the bayonet.

Just about every item of TR militaria is faked to some degree but collecting CCC is extremely fraught and the water in this area is heavily contaminated with the effluent of people such as "Afrika Hero" to mention just one of the better know crooks. So, be sure to do as much research as you can and post items here and you will do yourself a huge favour.

Regards

Mark

PS I have sent you a quick PM
    Last edited by Watchdog; 12-22-2016 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Dear Joe,
    Thanks for being honest. I have learnt a hard lesson.

Regards,
    Shane

Dear Mark,
    Thanks for the information.

Regards,
    Shane

MAP
    ?

Thumbs up

Quote by smithyraaf View Post
    Dear Joe,
    Thanks for being honest. I have learnt a hard lesson.

Regards,
    Shane
    LoL....We all have a draw full of fakes... Stay, read, study and learn and you won't make the same mistake again. Most of all post your item BEFORE you buy.

Now THIS is a draw full of hard lessons. But since joining, I have no fakes

Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)