Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Bronze F&BL maker

Article about: Good day everyone.. Hope everyone is well.. I would like some of the more knowledgeable collectors to let me know what you think about this Nahkampfspange in Bronze. I looked at several F&am

Default Nahkampfspange in Bronze F&BL maker

Good day everyone.. Hope everyone is well..

I would like some of the more knowledgeable collectors to let me know what you think about this Nahkampfspange in Bronze. I looked at several F&BL made examples on here and I am about 90% convinced that this is an original badge. I also confirmed some of the distinct characteristics with this particular badge through my research. The maker's mark on the reverse side is above the catch and is upside down which is common for the F&BL maker. The clasp and bar on the reverse look to be proper for this maker, and the details of the Eagle, the bayonet handle, the stick grenade all look similar to the other F&BL original examples I have looked at on here.

I think that this badge has lost most or all of it's color and it may have been exposed to some other agent to discolor it. Perhaps it has been in the collection of a smoker and it has broken down the surface?? It looks almost as if it were a copper color which may have been the base material, I am not sure. The dark black square on the reverse side of the badge seems to have some rust or zinc pest?? on it and this plate is magnetic. I could not find any information about the type of material it should be. The rest of the badge is not magnetic.

Could this be a high end reproduction or in fact an original that has not been preserved well...

Need your thoughts everyone..

Thanks

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Bronze F&BL maker   Nahkampfspange in Bronze F&BL maker  

Nahkampfspange in Bronze F&BL maker   Nahkampfspange in Bronze F&BL maker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze F&BL maker
    P
    Many

Sorry Smitty,
    I believe this is a reproduction. The pin is incorrect as well as a few other things.
    Compare with my original posted in post 21 on this thread.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Check the size of the hand grenade head, the eagle's feet/legs, and just the general details.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph,

I actually did look at your example first and now that I went back to it I can see what you meant about the pin. Thanks for your input..

Now segregated from my collection

Smitty

Also, compare the size of the opening for the back plate. On mine, it is larger than the plate and the sides are compressed in to hold the plate. On yours, the opening is the same size as the plate and I don't know what is holding the plate in.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph,

You must have been reading my mind, ironically, yesterday I dropped the CCC on the floor and wouldn't you know it, the black plate came out...

Thanks again Ralph... I appreciate your inspection of these items that I post.

Smitty

Smitty