Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Bronze by FLL

Article about: Hi Chaps I have been offered this bronze Close Combat Clasp and would like to know if it's right or not, as I know they are heavily faked. I'm afraid these are the only pictures I have. Best

Default Nahkampfspange in Bronze by FLL

Hi Chaps
    I have been offered this bronze Close Combat Clasp and would like to know if it's right or not, as I know they are heavily faked. I'm afraid these are the only pictures I have.
    Best regards
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Bronze by FLL   Nahkampfspange in Bronze by FLL  

Last edited by rbminis; 12-05-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze by FLL
    P
    Many

This is one of those items you really need good photos of. I'm not an expert, but I've seen enough of these be evaluated by the folks here to know there are some very good fakes out there. FLL is one of the most faked. The detail looks pretty soft around the rings on the butt of the grenade, and they don't look wide enough. An example I had not that long ago, didn't taper off like that is. I don't know though, there may be variants, could be pesting there etc.

Here's another FLL to compare it too while you wait for more opinions:
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange

The only thing I can say is that the FLL lettering on the back should show a curvature to the vertical sides of each letter. It's very hard to tell from these photos if it's showing that.

Cheers Avenger. I do have one other picture, but it's not that clear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Bronze by FLL  

Quote by avenger View Post
    This is one of those items you really need good photos of. I'm not an expert, but I've seen enough of these be evaluated by the folks here to know there are some very good fakes out there. FLL is one of the most faked. The detail looks pretty soft around the rings on the butt of the grenade, and they don't look wide enough. An example I had not that long ago, didn't taper off like that is. I don't know though, there may be variants, could be pesting there etc.

Here's another FLL to compare it too while you wait for more opinions:
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange

The only thing I can say is that the FLL lettering on the back should show a curvature to the vertical sides of each letter. It's very hard to tell from these photos if it's showing that.
    All excellent points Scott, and as you say, the pic's are not the best when considering purchasing such an item as the fakes are very good, especially those marked FLL, as Herr Staegemeir had a rush on faking the various FLL spanges staring in around 2008 and gradually improving them.

Having said all that, I think this could well be a good 1.14.2 crimped hinge spange, but would really like to see better quality shots of it, the MM and reverse side especially, before I commited myself to buy.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Mark,

i agree with the guys...better pics are useful in these days!

Based on this pics i am personal like the clasp. Catch, backplate, pin, hinge etc. is looking all good for an "FLL" clasp. IMO a good one, but i would be happy too to see this clasp with better pics...

KR
    Joe

need better pics.

Hi Chaps.
    Many thanks for your comments, they are really appreciated. I'm afraid better pictures aren't available at present, but I may get back in touch with the seller and see if I can work something out.
    Atb
    Mark