Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?

Article about: Hi, I am looking for some opinions if the is authentic or a reproduction? I will be viewing this item in person tonight. Thanks in advance for any help, Jeff

?

Default New Photos

New Photos, not the best photos but shown in a different light.

Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?
    P
    Many

better pics,like it.

Same as mine but upside down.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Man I hate zinc pest.

Be sure to treat this with a Vaseline bath if you buy it to try and arrest the pesting.

I saw no red flags other than the color of the obverse.
    Better photos = I like it as well.
    Make sure you treat that zinc pest.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

What would be a good/fair price to pay?

Personally, with that amount of zink pest infestation, I would not be inclined to pay very much.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I am thinking the same due to the condition, What ball park dollar amount would be safe on this? Thanks for the help as well.

Darkened finish, I could live with...but zink pest is actually Eating Away the metal. Even treating it will only substantially slow it down-not remove it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I saw a crappy FLL with no backplate, zero bronze finish remaining, zincer being offered for 180 euro's last week, it sold pretty quick but probably after an offer and was not as good as this one.

You haven't said if this is a dealer or collector/random type who's selling this clasp so that may mean a variance in what they'll be prepared to take, but it's worth $150 any day and will clean up pretty well in my opinion with an application of warm soapy water and a gentle clean with a toothbrush, especially to the "infected" areas, followed by a lick of Vaseline after being carefully dried with a hairdryer. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast