Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Bronze... worth a punt?

Article about: Hello I have been offered this Bronze Nahkampfspange for the princely sum of 185 of my British pounds. Apparently it is an AGMuK model, zinc made with much of its finish remaining. Dimension

Default Nahkampfspange in Bronze... worth a punt?

Hello

I have been offered this Bronze Nahkampfspange for the princely sum of 185 of my British pounds.

Apparently it is an AGMuK model, zinc made with much of its finish remaining. Dimensions are 96mm x 25mm

It would be my first Nahkampfspange so I would appreciate your input so I don't buy and regret.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze... worth a punt?
    P
    Many

The known makers of Nahkampfspange are limited so,
    There is a good reference thread here so you can do a little homework.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Then you can tell us what you think.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the link Ralph, it is certainly a great page for the likes of me to start learning about these.

First up I compared it to the kradmelder post as apparently they are the same maker;

On the one I post, the overall detailing on the front of the badge looks very good.

Around the back, the clasp looks to be the same. However, the crimps for the back plate are different.

Also different is the text on the left, the font looks the same but the stamping is over the the centre.

On the right hand side of the badge I posted, the text doesn't look as good, the little "u" in AGMuK looks different and there are no full stops before or after it. "GABLONZ" doesn't appear to be stamped as precisely also.

Next, I looked at the bubbling of the material on the back, very little, if any, on Kradmans but mine seems to be on most of it.

I then looked at the AGMuK badge that you posted and again, to me, the front looks good but on the back, the crimp marks are not the same and the text, especially on the right hand side is putting doubt in my mind.

Personally, with my limited knowledge, and having spent 15 minutes on this, because of the difference in the text with GABLONZ and AGMuK, along with the bubbling I would stay away from it. But like all novices, I may be wrong.

Hello Jamie,
    The example you posted is a good one.
    The bubbling on the reverse is a good sign as it is something that the fakers have not been able to recreate yet, it is the due to the zinc material being used and it's impurities. The crimp is original and is a variant from this maker. There is variations to the font as well.
    Should you happen to purchase it, post good clear reference photos here and I will add them to the pinned thread.
    There are also many examples posted in this section, which, I am sure you will be able to find an example that matches the one you posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you, I think I maybe concentrate on the negative too much to put doubt in my mind.

Think I will buy it, good price and looks really nice.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

This is a fine example of an AGMuK type 1.3.2 small font Close Combat Clasp 'B'. The price is excellent, so don't spare the horses!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.