Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.

Article about: Guys, I thought I would post this Nahkampfspange in Gold which is the highest Heer combat award and was offered for sale today by Markus Schultze at Militaria-Berlin. This has got to be one

?

Default Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.

Guys,
    I thought I would post this Nahkampfspange in Gold which is the highest Heer combat award and was offered for sale today by Markus Schultze at Militaria-Berlin.
    This has got to be one of the rarest TR awards, you simply don't see them very often and in this condition almost never.
    Anyway for posterity, here are the pics. Enjoy........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.   Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.  

Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.   Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.  

Last edited by Adrian; 01-26-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, im Etui.

WOW... If only..

?

This was the award that was most highly esteemed amongst the Deutsche Infanterie and other front line veterans even above the RK and DKiG .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

It could have been yours for €999,999,00 or $1.290,198,71...........

Adrian, are there records remaining that give us any idea how many of these were awarded? Dazzling indeed, thanks for posting.

Jay

are you shure it is a real one, i dont like the leafs in the middel and the finnish at all, the box has more wear as the goldy at all even holes in the fabric, doint get me wrong but this is my oppinion

here are the first 5 points i mean in confrontation of a real one
    1. leafs are scratcht off
    2. bajo grip looks funny
    3. nuts are different
    4. swastika has a strange form and badley polished, you can see that someone removed a part of the paint
    5. the corners look more like a cheap cast copy

just my oppinion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.  

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    It could have been yours for €999,999,00 or $1.290,198,71...........
    Yes, but just short of a few dollars

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Adrian, are there records remaining that give us any idea how many of these were awarded? Dazzling indeed, thanks for posting.

Jay
    Hi Jay,
    I believe the figure of Gold clasp awardees is 631. The number of badges made was obviously greater.

Quote by klinger View Post
    are you shure it is a real one, i dont like the leafs in the middel and the finnish at all, the box has more wear as the goldy at all even holes in the fabric, doint get me wrong but this is my oppinion
    I really can't comment on the originality of the badge. My knowledge and experience on these badges (I really should get one), especially the gold version is very limited.
    However I think there were eight known makers of this badge so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that minor variations in details will exist, as they do on other badges - the Infanteriesturmabzeichen for example.

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Hi Jay,
    I believe the figure of Gold clasp awardees is 631. The number of badges made was obviously greater.

I really can't comment on the originality of the badge. My knowledge and experience on these badges (I really should get one), especially the gold version is very limited.
    However I think there were eight known makers of this badge so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that minor variations in details will exist, as they do on other badges - the Infanteriesturmabzeichen for example.
    yes your right but do you not thing the points i metion ar a bit funny, especial the swastika and the scratched leafs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast