Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nahkampfspange in Gold, 6 dot type

Article about: Hello Adrian, You have right, gold clasp are always hard nuts. They are very common so they will be always subject of debates. I added pic of reverse without flash. First pic on up was so br

Post Re: Nahkampfspange in Gold, 6 dot type

Hello Adrian,

You have right, gold clasp are always hard nuts. They are very common so they will be always subject of debates.
    I added pic of reverse without flash. First pic on up was so brilliant.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Gold clasps will always attract a certain amount of close scrutiny because of the rarity of these pieces and considering the high value of them it's a good thing. No-one wants to be caught out by one.

I can't add anything regarding the piece as they are not my collecting field and my knowledge is very limited.

I would mention a concern over the finish too. The obverse looks ok but the reverse is odd in terms of the wear. There isn't any except for the extreme edges, the whole of the reverse is unblemished. You would think that if the award had this much wear to the front, there would alos be a bit more on the back but there isn't, no chips, scratches or anything.

On the plus side, there doesn't appear to be another colour underneath it so it might stand a chance.

Goor photos though, thank you for posting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Gold, 6 dot type  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Gold, 6 dot type
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange in Gold, 6 dot type

Deemed not to be a genuine gold clasp on WAF as well then!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I personally take no pleasure from this, but Tom Durante is THE man on these matters. Although it's interesting that he agrees with the other poster that the "close combat clasp is refinished", but does not mention the other points he raises. For the record, other than the re-gilding, I believe the clasp is original, albeit pretty worn, and perhaps Mr. Durante does too.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I stay to my opinion.The clasp itself is original.The gold finish is a bad joke....

?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    I stay to my opinion.The clasp itself is original.The gold finish is a bad joke....
    That would be my opinion of the comments made about it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Now the clasp is for sold on Carsten Baldes.Seen it at the update today for around 2100,- Euro.I wish the buyer much fun with it.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2