MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Gold ?

Article about: Hi all, It's been a while I haven't post anything about an NKS. I saw this Nahkampfspange on sale and the dealer claims it is authentic and GOLD grade. These are 2 statements I'm not sure ab

Default Nahkampfspange in Gold ?

Hi all,

It's been a while I haven't post anything about an NKS. I saw this Nahkampfspange on sale and the dealer claims it is authentic and GOLD grade.
    These are 2 statements I'm not sure about especially the GOLD grade. May I have your opinion?

thank you,

best regards,
    Pierre

Nahkampfspange in Gold ?
    Nahkampfspange in Gold ?
    Nahkampfspange in Gold ?
    Nahkampfspange in Gold ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Gold ?
    P
    Many

I don't believe this is a original clasp. Please wait for more opinions because I'm still a novice with CCC's.

Here is a good thread on the makers of the Nahkampfspange.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Have a read through and look for one that matches this type of back plate crimp. Look at some of the other details, and let us know what you think.
    The number of makers are relatively limited but, there are a few variations.

That being said, this is not a gold grade Nahkampfspange.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,

yes, this post is very helpful indeed. A lot of contribution from Joe who knows the stuff very well…

According to what I've seen there this clasp would be a "Steinhauer & Lück (Lüdenscheid) unmarked
    1.16.3 Full Banjo Style Pin (Side 218 The German Combat Clasp of WW2 Thomas M. Durante) ". Am I correct? I haven't seen any red flag showing it is a fake. So if it is not a gold grade, is it a bronze one? The finish doesn't look "bronze" to me… I don't know what to think.

regards,
    Pierre

The finish does make it appear to be a bronze grade CCC.

Quote by vitezef View Post
    According to what I've seen there this clasp would be a "Steinhauer & Lück (Lüdenscheid) unmarked
    1.16.3 Full Banjo Style Pin (Side 218 The German Combat Clasp of WW2 Thomas M. Durante) ". Am I correct? I haven't seen any red flag showing it is a fake.
    regards,
    Pierre
    Hello Pierre,
    Those were my thoughts as well but, do you see the comments that Joachim noted on the one photo about the grenade handle?
    It may just be the photos. I believe this one to be okay.
    It is a bronze grade, if you look at the last FLL that I posted there, it also appears to have a gold finish.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Also my thoughts guys!

This clasp let me thinking to a "S&L" clasp. But where is the fourth rill on the grenade?

Thank you gentlemen for your precious help!

It might be the angle (slightly from under) on the close up picture that doesn't allow to see the 4rth rill. The first pic of the thread is a bit small but angle is more straight and I think I see the 4rth rill so it really is a Steinhauer & Lück I guess.
    So I would say it is a quite nice looking badge but as it is not a gold grade the price asked by the dealer is far too expensive for a bronze grade so no chance for me to add it in my small collection.
    I could have been had by the finish but you all clearly stated it is a bronze grade so no doubt.

best regards,
    Pierre

Well, I just read from Tom Durante that it might be a gold grade after all. I'll try to get more and better pics for further investigations.

regards,

Pierre