Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange help please?

Article about: by daniel1234 If I remember correctly isn't spandau the rebrand of uk military or uk militaria? One of the most dodgy sites for militaria. Spot on,those jokers have been ripping off the inno

?

Default Nahkampfspange help please?

Hi Guys
    I am just in the process of purchasing this Nahkampfspange in silver and was wondering about it's authenticity as I have noticed that all the ones on this thread have lugs to hold in the centre piece, I would be extremely grateful for your kind comments and help.
    Best Regards and thanks
    Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange help please?   Nahkampfspange help please?  

Nahkampfspange help please?   Nahkampfspange help please?  

Nahkampfspange help please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange help please?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Makers of the Nahkampfspange

Quote by kevinp View Post
    Hi Guys
    I am just in the process of purchasing this Nahkampfspange in silver and was wondering about it's authenticity as I have noticed that all the ones on this thread have lugs to hold in the centre piece, I would be extremely grateful for your kind comments and help.
    Best Regards and thanks
    Kevin
    Hi

When compared to the example of this maker on this thread, in my opinion it is a fake example. Notice the different pin set-up and makers mark design.

Cameron

?

Default Re: Makers of the Nahkampfspange

Hi Cameron
    It took me a bit of time but there is a difference, the handle on the K98 bayonet is longer and the eagle isn't right compared to big ned's, thanks Cameron, you have opened my eyes, and saved me money, thank you.
    Regards
    Kevin

?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange help please?

Not keen Kevin, for the reasons Cameron has stated. The front details are weak, the makers mark is wrong as is the reverse hardware.

I also moved it to a new thread to avoid clogging up the reference thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you Adrian, I saw it on a site called 'Spandau Militaria shop' but thanks to you guys I have saved myself some money and will look more closely next time, thank you all.
    Regards
    Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Another giveaway on this fake is the fact that the recess for the backplate is far too large. Notice how the corners nearly reach the edge of the badge, this is because the fake was cast off an original close combat clasp that would have had peined over 'lugs' as you describe them, and it would be impossible to fit the backplate in.

So they ground them off the first fake cast and then used that one as a master mold to reproduce all the following fake badges. Fiendish? Yes. Convincing? No, not to the wary collector!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

If I remember correctly isn't spandau the rebrand of uk military or uk militaria?
    One of the most dodgy sites for militaria.

?

Well remembered! I knew I had heard that site before but couldn't place it. You're absolutely correct.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes,this clasp is complete wrong.

Details and hardware
    Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast