Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange im Silber

Article about: Here is an award that I have wanted for a very long time. And being a fussy bugger it had to be in tip top condition. Well, earlier in the week I was very fortunate to make a deal with a cha

Default Nahkampfspange im Silber

Here is an award that I have wanted for a very long time. And being a fussy bugger it had to be in tip top condition.

Well, earlier in the week I was very fortunate to make a deal with a chap in Germany and I secured myself this lovely FLL manufactured CCC.

The photos that were available to me made my mind up that it was worth buying and when it arrived this morning it is in even better condition.

The hinge is slightly squint however, it is still intact and there are no repairs present.

It's a topper!

Nahkampfspange im Silber

Nahkampfspange im Silber

Nahkampfspange im Silber

Nahkampfspange im Silber

Nahkampfspange im Silber

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange im Silber
    P
    Many

Very nice! Is it a zinc example? If so, the silver finish is in remarkable condition.

B.B.

Hi Jamie, Looks good , Any chance of a close up of the Hinge open & side view of the same ,Also a more focussed pic of the trade mark. I suppose my thoughts are that all my references for Fredrich Linden show a block hinge but your photo isn't clear enough in this area imo ,May be the hinge has been replaced perhaps ? ,Regards ,Paul

Hello Jamie,
    I don't like it.
    Looking at the back the whole hinge and pin assembly is either replaced or it's a fake.
    The plate in the centre is not original as those side crimps don't look as though they are holding anything. You can see where the grease on the plate has prevented the black paint from sticking to the surface.

Unless it is the camera angle looking at your pictures of the bronze and silver bars the silver is obviously far too small to be considered to be an original.

I think it is an early cast piece

Cheers
    Doug

And fairly rough casting at that. That curved line (or crack) visible on the reverse, left side is a casting flaw.

Appears to have casting flaws. Here is a comparison to a verified original on this site.

Note, there is some discussion about the finish.

Nahkampfspange in Silber by FLL.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange im Silber   Nahkampfspange im Silber  

I have no idea but looking at christeks example it looks a lot crisper with clear detail.