Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver

Article about: Look good to me!

Default Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver

Servus guys,

got this Nahkampfspange this week.

I don`t know, how many silver grade clasps from JFS i have seen before? Not often to find and see imo.It is a well worn piece, but a absolut believable silver grade.

Hope you like it a bit and have fun to see it guys.

Regards
    Joe (DJ Atomic)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver   Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver  

Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver   Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver  

Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver
    P
    Many

Interesting...my 1st type JFS in bronze to compare...

Although I need to take more photographs to compare directly, I do notice a difference in the font on the reverse. On your silver the letters appear thinner than the heavier, bold-type letters on my bronze.

Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in SilverNahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in SilverNahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver

Cheers Glenn,

maybe are some differences from the die struck process? But i think it was made by the same die like yours.

I will refer to my CCC reference book when I get home later to see if there is any information on this.

The differences in the designer's markings are documented as being the 1st type (1.12.1. pattern) that Glenn owns where the markings are stamped incuse.

Joe's clasp is the 2nd type (or 1.12.2. pattern) that has the raised designer's markings. Other than that, the clasps are identical.

Both are great examples btw!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Joe's looks like a 1.12.1 to me. The clasp for the hinge was different between the 1.12.1 and 1.12.2 also?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Joe's looks like a 1.12.1 to me. The clasp for the hinge was different between the 1.12.1 and 1.12.2 also?
    You're right Glenn, and I apologise! It would appear that this is a 'hybrid' of both types to me after looking at it again. On GCA there is a similar piece, that has both a type 1 and 2 mix of font style, hinge crimping and the makers mark and designers mark juxtaposed. Phillipe De Bock says it is unusual and he hasn't seen it before, asking whether Tom Durante is aware of it as it's not in the book. Unfortunately the thread on this "mutant" (their words) clasp finishes without anymore info.

So perhaps Joe's clasp is also a previously unknown variation? I don't know, and neither do I own the book to examine the differences closely. Interesting.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Apology accepted!

The obverse of Joe's example is definitely 1.12.1 also (the crossguard of the bayonet is squared off, without the chamfered edge as is apparent on the 1.12.2 version). Still the variation incused designer's mark is curious.

both nice.

Morning guys,

i made a pic with a shot side by side from my two first pattern clasps. Can you guys please spot out the differences?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver   Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver  

Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver   Nahkampfspange JFS First Pattern in Silver  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast