Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nahkampfspange real or fake?

Article about: by big ned Hi Joe, That's interesting and possible I guess. Can you show an example of either known type of JFS close combat clasp with a fluted pin, either factory fitted or a jeweller/othe

Default Nahkampfspange real or fake?

Hey,

I just saw the Nahkampfspange but is it real or fake?

thnx guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange real or fake?

Any better pics?

Did JFS produce these clasps with a fluted pin?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nahka...ange-248730-2/

on the bottem. But i have no clue about it. Who can tell me more?

I'll be home in an hour and will check my reference. For now i have to say the bayonet looks...odd.

?

Quote by DarkEagle View Post
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nahka...ange-248730-2/

on the bottem. But i have no clue about it. Who can tell me more?
    Yes but that one has a plain pin. We could do with a closer and clearer shot of the obverse if possible so we can see the details.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi guys,

i am pretty sure,also with this poor pics,that the showing clasp is a fake of a JFS 1.Pattern clasp.You can self compare with the last adding clasp of me in the Nahkampfspangen reference thread.

One indication for example is the top of the bayonette(Glenn you spot it right).But the clasp is complete wrong imo.I am sure,when we see a closer pic of the eagle,the eagle design is not fitting to a original JFS design.

I would save my Money.A known fake.

Joe

It is definately trying to be a 1st pattern JFS but the fluted pin gives it away. The pin may have been replaced but I'm agreeing with Joe and calling fake here.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    It is definately trying to be a 1st pattern JFS but the fluted pin gives it away. The pin may have been replaced but I'm agreeing with Joe and calling fake here.
    The not textbook looking pin is not always a sign for a fake.Not textbook is not always fake.Sometimes you can find uncommon variations of original pieces.A collecting friend and expert of Nahkampfspangen of me,have some uncommon variations in his collection.You can find this variations in no book,but they are original.

You can also for example find hybrid para badges and other crazy combinations.

Regarding the Nahkampfspange:You can find this fake also with other maker marks for example A.G.M u. K. and others.They are all coming out of the same faker shop imo.

Agree with all the above. JFS only produced 2 types of close combat clasp, the 1.12.1. and the 1.12.2. type. The main difference being the incuse makers mark on the 1.12.1. and the raised makers mark on the 1.12.2., as well as the way the hinge was fitted. In the 1.12.1. type it was in a rectangular shaped recess, this is what the one you show is alluding to, the 1.12.2. type had the hinge fitted in by a crimp method as shown in the silver example below. And in answer to what Adrian has said, no, I agree, JFS didn't produce clasps with fluted banjo pins as seen above, only plain ones.

Look closely at the obverse of the genuine bronze badge below, as Joe states there are obvious differences in the eagle and bayonet to be seen. I'm pretty certain the one above is a newer version from arch faker Carsten Staegemeir, but he's gone from using the correct type of plain pin to this fluted one, and that's made it easier to spot as a bad 'un.

Nahkampfspange real or fake?Nahkampfspange real or fake?Nahkampfspange real or fake?Nahkampfspange real or fake?

Above, a genuine 1.12.1. Nahkampfspange in bronze by JFS.

And a genuine 1.12.2. type in silver showing the reverse and alternate hinge crimp set up. Neither type have a fluted banjo pin.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    The not textbook looking pin is not always a sign for a fake.Not textbook is not always fake.Sometimes you can find uncommon variations of original pieces.A collecting friend and expert of Nahkampfspangen of me,have some uncommon variations in his collection.You can find this variations in no book,but they are original.

You can also for example find hybrid para badges and other crazy combinations.

Regarding the Nahkampfspange:You can find this fake also with other maker marks for example A.G.M u. K. and others.They are all coming out of the same faker shop imo.
    Hi Joe,

That's interesting and possible I guess. Can you show an example of either known type of JFS close combat clasp with a fluted pin, either factory fitted or a jeweller/other repair, as i've looked around a lot of these and haven't found one yet, not to say they aren't out there!

I also agree that this fake obverse design is found on other makers badges such as AGMuK, and they are also considered to be from the Staegemeir stable.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast