Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval

Article about: Want to show my first Nahkampfspange this year.A very late war variant from Rodolf Souval.The crimping of the backplate it is done in aother style than on the earlier variants.This variant i

Default Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval

Want to show my first Nahkampfspange this year.A very late war variant from Rodolf Souval.The crimping of the backplate it is done in aother style than on the earlier variants.This variant is not so often to find.

Bought it as a silver one from a german ccc expert that i know.Silver finish only in very small parts on the set-up to see.This late war clasps from Souval hold their finish very bad.In the book from Tom Durante is the same variant to find.

The Souval clasps are not really beauties.But i like the Backplate crimping style from Souval.And for me as a CCC variant collector a nice first adding this year.

Regards
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval   Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval  

Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval   Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval  

Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange Rudolf Souval

Thank you for posting it here Joachim. The reverse crimping is very distinctive, is Souval the only maker who used this method?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Thank you for posting it here Joachim. The reverse crimping is very distinctive, is Souval the only maker who used this method?
    Ths is the rectangular type crimp, they also made one that was almost the same but squarer. Juncker also employed this second type on their CCC's. There may be other makers who used it too.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for your postings guys.I think Ned is right!Juncker used a similar crimping production style.