Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nahkampfspange for verification

Article about: A deliberate and elaborately aged fake.....If it Had been an actual presentation piece, it would have been worth thousands....This one, however, is anything But original. It is made only to

A deliberate and elaborately aged fake.....If it Had been an actual presentation piece, it would have been worth thousands....This one, however, is anything But original. It is made only to deceive and steal money.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange for verification
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A deliberate and elaborately aged fake.....If it Had been an actual presentation piece, it would have been worth thousands....This one, however, is anything But original. It is made only to deceive and steal money.
    As are many if not most of the high end badges and awards that are presented here week in, week out for the opinions of those who, through charity and goodwill, shepherd the weak through the valley of darkness.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Gold presentation CCC

As I stated previously they are not marked and for the most part presented by Hitler as he had a very high regard for the winners of this very rare award.They are fire guilded and again they are the only award of its kind with the hook on the reverse!If you have the ANDREAS MAY 4TH,2013 AUCTION CATALOG pages 250 and 251 see it in the large photos and you will understand what I am saying.The hook on this close combat clasp was broken off.

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    As I stated previously they are not marked and for the most part presented by Hitler as he had a very high regard for the winners of this very rare award.They are fire guilded and again they are the only award of its kind with the hook on the reverse!If you have the ANDREAS MAY 4TH,2013 AUCTION CATALOG pages 250 and 251 see it in the large photos and you will understand what I am saying.The hook on this close combat clasp was broken off.
    Hi goodbuys,

I doubt most members here have access to the above catalogue, much as they don't to the book you refer to in your previous post by the widely discredited Chris Ailsby. Can you supply the images you speak of? Because otherwise it's all a bit of a lost cause i'm afraid.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The only other books are FOREMAN'S 2ND EDITION page 83.These b&w photos are really not a good reference to be sure.Ailsby's books I am aware are full of controversy and I am agree with you about his books, I just used it for a photo.I am about to buy a new digital camera as my old one has died and I cannot take any real good color photos which will make you and the other collectors able to see what I can see.Its a very rare piece as you know and quite expensive and it is copied,but most of the repros are not that good and anyone that has thoughts about procurring one better know close combat clasp Gold presentation pieces and be very well informed.
    Last edited by goodbuys; 03-10-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Ned,I have found a site that has a CCC PRESENTATION PIECE plus a regular gold clasp marked on the reverse missing the backplate.Go to emedals scroll to Army badges and then hit CCC'S.You can see the fire guilding on the piece and when I first saw it on emedals it was priced at $38,000.Now its a mere $33,500.I think this will help all those interested in a very rare piece of German regalia.Scroll a bit further down and you will see the regular piece.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2