Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange for verification

Article about: A deliberate and elaborately aged fake.....If it Had been an actual presentation piece, it would have been worth thousands....This one, however, is anything But original. It is made only to

?

Default Nahkampfspange for verification

Ok, my first impression is that it is a reproduction. It is unmarked and seems to have the interesting set up on the reverse. I know there are unmarked ones out there so tough to compare. Just double checking to see on if it is a variant. Coming out of old collection, either old original or old fake. Thanks for your assistance folks!
    Best,
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange for verification   Nahkampfspange for verification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange for verification
    P
    Many

Anzel,Only the CCC in gold has the hook in the back and it is very rare.This is a piece I would not like at all!For a reference WW2 German Medals by Christopher Ailsby page #95.

I'd like to see some better lit photos. It could be a gold with the finish (pin/hinge/catch excepted) absorbed into the zinc.

?

Thanks good buys! Figured it was off the mark.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'd like to see some better lit photos. It could be a gold with the finish (pin/hinge/catch excepted) absorbed into the zinc.
    Requested more just a minute ago. Would a Gold version be unmarked?

No Chance. There are only a type 1 and 2 presentation Nahkampfspange that is accepted as genuine, and this is neither of those types.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ok thanks Ned!

?

For reference:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange for verification   Nahkampfspange for verification  

Nahkampfspange for verification   Nahkampfspange for verification  

Upon further investigation I concur with Ned, the gold CCC was only crafted in tombak which this example doesn not appear to be. A stinker i'm sorry to say.

?

Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast