Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New to forum need help with 3 ww2 German military items if poss?.

Article about: Hello to all , I am new to the forum and am just wondering the value of some German items as i am wanting to sell them. I have no doubt that they are original as the pictures say it all , al

?

Default New to forum need help with 3 ww2 German military items if poss?.

Hello to all , I am new to the forum and am just wondering the value of some German items as i am wanting to sell them.

I have no doubt that they are original as the pictures say it all , also they are heavy pieces too , i haven't cleaned them in any way and have just left them as is.

One is a u-boat combat clasp (bronze variation) , the next one is the close combat badge (very heavy) , and the next is an Arbeitsbuch , Here are the pictures of the badges below i shall sort out a picture of the book asap , i have no idea what to ask price wise for these items but would love these to go to a Military collector who will appreciate them , open to fair offers. If anyone would like to buy. Also would enjoy to read any helpful comments on the items also. Apologies if i haven't posted this thread in the correct place , but i couldn't list under for sale items as i wouldn't have an idea value wise. Just looking for a fair price whatever that may be.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New to forum need help with 3 ww2 German military items if poss?.   New to forum need help with 3 ww2 German military items if poss?.  

New to forum need help with 3 ww2 German military items if poss?.   New to forum need help with 3 ww2 German military items if poss?.  

New to forum need help with 3 ww2 German military items if poss?.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New to forum need help with 3 ww2 German military items if poss?.
    P
    Many

?

Hi Jimm and welcome to the forum.

I've moved your thread here as it will be the best place for it.

There are several knowledgable members who know these awards well and hopefully they will comment upon them.

The first thing is to make sure they are real. If so, they can be offeren for sale in the classifieds section.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Both are bad. Note the similarity in the rust, dust and green patina they have in common, why is that?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Both are bad. Note the similarity in the rust, dust and green patina they have in common, why is that?
    Made by the same poxy faker!....

Quote by big ned View Post
    Indeed!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Jan
    ?

Classic "Roman coin" fake patina

Best,

Jan

?

I appreciate your thoughts , I find it very hard to beleive these badges are not the genuine article , as they are both heavy items and i believe both were dug up. I appreciate your answers but you really have to feel these badges in the hand , i really don't think these are duds. Also the pins are stamped aswell?. Is there any details regarding markings etc to suggest that these badges are definately not genuine and could you tell better if i were to take time cleaning them?. I swear these appear original to me. These were both purchased in Poland about 10 years ago.

I started collecting dug up's a few years ago, you won't believe what is sold as original,so called dug up's.
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Just to play devil's advocate, if they were dug up, and more importantly in the same place, they could legitimately have the same patina and colouration from the ground conditions.

That said I am leaning towards bad as well.

Quote by jimm View Post
    I appreciate your thoughts , I find it very hard to beleive these badges are not the genuine article , as they are both heavy items and i believe both were dug up.
    In the same place? From the same soil? That's what the identical corrosion is saying. Furthermore, the font on the rear of the close combat clasp is completely wrong for that maker. Look at the FEC. W. E. PEEKHAUS on your example, it appears to read FEE. W. E. PEEKHAUS. The letter 'C' in yours appears to be another 'E', it certainly isn't a 'C' as the letter is square and not curved and is hence wrong. The misalignment of all the letters compared to originals is also another big no-no.

As for the U-Boat Spange, the shape of the pin, complete with stamped makers mark is not seen on originals, as is neither that type of hinge, again it's bad.

I'm sorry, but this is the facts.

EDIT: I notice you have added since I started this post that they were bought in Poland, another nail in the coffin.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast