MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Article about: Hello gentlemen I'm a new collector, always had an interest in third reich history but was not really in a position to financially afford medals until recently. My new collection started wit

?

Default Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Hello gentlemen
    I'm a new collector, always had an interest in third reich history but was not really in a position to financially afford medals until recently.
    My new collection started with a 1939 ek1 from Jamie cross and a 1914 ek2, war merit cross 2nd class and a hidenburg cross from dasreich.co
    I prefer medals which show good age as well as great wear and tear over nice condition medals as they have the "been there at the front" feel

I just wanted your opinions as to whether the below close combat clasp and panzer assault badge look real and authentic as I have no experience in telling these things
    having not handled/seen enough medals
    They are being sold by Jamie cross who is (by reputation) a well known enough dealer and comparing it to my books/internet resources they look ok

Do they look genuine to you guys?

Thank you very much for your help and opinions

Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-03-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: opinion of ccc and panzer badge

hello Dalo

And welcome jamie cross is a good dealer and sells quality items, although a bit on the dear side imo the badges look good and the pab looks to be ground dug

?

Default Re: opinion of ccc and panzer badge

Hi dalo and welcome to the forum.

Both pieces are original but as Rory says, this dealer does overprice his items. The Panzerkampfabzeichen does look like a ground dug badge and you can find better examples very easily.

Also, it's best to post each item in it's own thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default re: Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Badges are OK but prices are too high.

Hello dalo and welcome to the forum!
    I agree with what has been posted already. Also, be aware that the Nahkampfspange is missing the backplate and the Panzerkampf Abzeichen has a replaced catch. Here are my examples to compare.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.   Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.   Opinion of FLL Nahkampfspange and AS Panzerkampfabzeichen.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

£75 for the Panzer and £225 for the Silver Close Combat missing it's back plate? They're both genuine, but far too over priced, in my opinion. Remember, the prices do not include shipping or insurance either.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Dalo,

welcome here in the forum.

I can only agree with the other guys.The price are much to high for this pieces.The Nahkampfspange is not a silver grade.It is for sure a heavy worn bronce grade in my opinion.It is not a rare variant and often to find.So wait for a clasp in a better condition for a fair price.

Regards
    Joachim

?

Hi all thanks for the warm welcome cheers for all the helpful advice guys, great help for someone like me who is just starting out.
    I have trolled through several forums which had recommended him but i did notice that his prices can be a little on the expensive side
    (name branding i guess?). I have also ordered from Das reich and Germanwarbooty.com.

Can anyone else recommend more reliable/trustworthy dealers to me?