Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Presentation Nahkampfspange in Gold with top hook: brass???

Article about: Good evening gentlemen I am from the belt buckle-area, so this kind of stuff is not what I am looking for. But a friend mailed me some pictures of a "Nahkampfspange" and he wants t

Default Presentation Nahkampfspange in Gold with top hook: brass???

Good evening gentlemen
    I am from the belt buckle-area, so this kind of stuff is not what I am looking for. But a friend mailed me some pictures of a "Nahkampfspange" and he wants to know if it is an original piece. The only thing he said was, that it is made of brass...
    What do you guys think?! Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Gruß Max
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Presentation Nahkampfspange in Gold with top hook: brass???   Presentation Nahkampfspange in Gold with top hook: brass???  

Presentation Nahkampfspange in Gold with top hook: brass???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Presentation Nahkampfspange in Gold with top hook: brass???
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Presentation Nahkampfspange in Gold with top hook: brass???

It wouldn't be made of brass, tombac perhaps.

This is the ultra rare gold clasp in case too, I'll let others decide on the authenticity of it but here's a similar one discussed: Nahkampfspange in Gold mit Etui.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello!

Its made from zinc, in my opinion its a fake.

If it turns out to be genuine, it will be the best condition example of the gold award i've ever seen. I note the backplate appears too small for the recess.

Thank you for the statements!
    My friend owns this NKS since 1992 and he bought it for 2500,-DM (good german money, not this shit €)
    I´ll wait for more opinions, maybe somebody can 100% tell if it´s good or bad!
    Gruß Max

This is supposed to be a gold presentation type, therefore it would be made of tombak rather than the more usual zinc or aluminium; and it would be fire gilded gold, not gold washed as others were.

Whether it's original, I'll leave that to more experienced eyes, but if real it's a really rare beast!

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi,the case looks to be made in the correct fashion,the award itself however has a very "square" look to the top area above the eagle and the bottom area below the grenade ,dagger and oak leaves.It just does not appear to have the nice smooth sweep to it you would expect,especially from the back view.Also as already stated the backing plate is not a very good fit.I'm just not sure on this one,i guess you would really need it in hand or some better close up pictures,thats a lot of money to spend if it is wrong.

its a hard call,but except for the back plate I like it.looked at the other one don't like it lack of detail on the arms.

The clasp it is for sure a fake imo.Design from the frontside is complete wrong.Backside looks also not better.Sorry for your friend and the lots of money he has spend for it!

Greetings to "Franken"
    Joachim

After further investigation I am also calling 'fake' on this one.

According to T.Durante, the gold close combat clasp was produced by the firm of C.E. Juncker of Berlin in two forms, one with the small positioning hook on the reverse as we see with the above example and one without the hook, intended for everyday use. The clasp with hook also had the backplate held in place with a single rivet which we don't see with the thread starter. The Junker clasps should also have a round wire catch, not flat as we see above.

To my mind the most damning evidence is in the obverse scrollwork. Notice the split in the scrollwork in all four corners? This feature is only found on F&BL clasps, NOT Juncker.

Max, I'm afraid to say your friend has been right royally reamed out of 2500 good old DM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast